GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/06/06 at 09:42
Regular
No not the panda organisation the wrestling one. I'm an 80ies kid and along with all those saturday morning kids shows I also grew up watching WWF. I think everyone did. Hangon I don't think we had Sky back then, so what channel did I watch it on? :S Maybe it was Channel 4 I forget.

It was great, I remember playing WWF at primary school during lunch time. About 10 kids pretending to beat each other up.

There was lots of merchandise, we got some of the figures, I'm sure some people still had them. I think I had the Ultimate Warrior. He was my favourite wrestler. At the same time people were playing arcade games a lot and they had this WWF arcade in the video shop. Boy I must have spent a fair bit of my savings in that machine. WWF and computer games, it was a winning compination. I think I still prefer that game to the more realistic 3D ones out now. lol

Ultimate Warrior was my favourite wrestler but I remember many of the others. Umm Jake the Snake, my brother had this plus doll thing of him. I think he was my brothers favourite. I'm sure Earthquake jumped on one of his snakes. Poor snakey. Of course Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, British Bulldog, that Million Dollar guy, umm Tug Boat, err Andre the Giant. Okay I'm starting to forget them, oh there was that tag team those guys who wore these red and black spikey football pads. I'll be damned if I can remember their names.

Well the time finally came that I would say goodbye to the WWF world and move on to something else. I still have fond memories growing up watching the show and part of me is glad to see it's still on TV, albeit on a pay to view digital package. Bye bye Ultimate Warrior, I'm sure I'll get round to reading your autobiography I saw in WHSmith, one day.
Tue 18/07/06 at 18:35
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Seems odd that they would just block you from General Chat and not here too.
Mon 17/07/06 at 23:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
More than likly is that Bullet, Biglime or the other one (:-P) banned you (by accident) and can't undo the damage.
Mon 17/07/06 at 14:00
Regular
"..."
Ok, a random thread hijack, but I'm hoping a staffie reads this. Have I been banned from posting in the 'General' forum or something?

When I view threads, I only get options for 'Ignore User' and 'Report This Post'.

'Reply' and 'Reply Quoting This Message' are completely missing. I'd have loved to post this in General but can't...
Wed 28/06/06 at 14:07
Regular
"..."
Machie wrote:
> Okay I'm
> starting to forget them, oh there was that tag team those guys
> who wore these red and black spikey football pads. I'll be
> damned if I can remember their names.

The Legion of Doom (as the WWE called them, although they were the Road Warriors everywhere else they worked).
Hawk and Animal to give them their individual names. Hawk died a couple of years ago as the result of doing too many drugs over too long a eriod of time. Animal is a born-agaion christian who actually returned to the WWE for a brief stint this year, until he was recently released for not being very good.
Tue 27/06/06 at 14:59
Regular
"Mooching around"
It was indeed on Channel 4.
Mon 26/06/06 at 14:07
Regular
"..."
Vince McMahon ruined wrestling, period.

Which would be OK if he only destroyed his own federation, but he had to go and ruin ECW as well...

TNA and ROH are the only things that keep me interested in wrestling. Even CZW is awful these days.
Sun 25/06/06 at 22:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Ultimate Warrior turned into a right nutcase. :)

I don't remember what channel it used to be on either.

WWF are now WWE and are officially not a sport. They've been classified under sports entertainment. It's basically taking the sport of wrestling for entertainment purposes.

It's not as popular as it used to be, probably because it has lost a lot of the characters that made you tune in each week.

In fact, ever since these forums closed and the WWE forum was no more, I haven't really watched it. I wasn't really watching a lot before that.

I suppose the WWE is very patchy. Has the odd good patch and a lot of bad patches.
Sun 25/06/06 at 09:42
Regular
No not the panda organisation the wrestling one. I'm an 80ies kid and along with all those saturday morning kids shows I also grew up watching WWF. I think everyone did. Hangon I don't think we had Sky back then, so what channel did I watch it on? :S Maybe it was Channel 4 I forget.

It was great, I remember playing WWF at primary school during lunch time. About 10 kids pretending to beat each other up.

There was lots of merchandise, we got some of the figures, I'm sure some people still had them. I think I had the Ultimate Warrior. He was my favourite wrestler. At the same time people were playing arcade games a lot and they had this WWF arcade in the video shop. Boy I must have spent a fair bit of my savings in that machine. WWF and computer games, it was a winning compination. I think I still prefer that game to the more realistic 3D ones out now. lol

Ultimate Warrior was my favourite wrestler but I remember many of the others. Umm Jake the Snake, my brother had this plus doll thing of him. I think he was my brothers favourite. I'm sure Earthquake jumped on one of his snakes. Poor snakey. Of course Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, British Bulldog, that Million Dollar guy, umm Tug Boat, err Andre the Giant. Okay I'm starting to forget them, oh there was that tag team those guys who wore these red and black spikey football pads. I'll be damned if I can remember their names.

Well the time finally came that I would say goodbye to the WWF world and move on to something else. I still have fond memories growing up watching the show and part of me is glad to see it's still on TV, albeit on a pay to view digital package. Bye bye Ultimate Warrior, I'm sure I'll get round to reading your autobiography I saw in WHSmith, one day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.