GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wii Music Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wii Music'.
Sun 10/01/10 at 14:15
Regular
-The Main Point and Game
Love music and relaxation? Love to play music while hogging the Wii from your little brother? Don't want to learn how to play an instrument? Well then, Wii Music is the ultimate music sensation for all you music fans released on the Wii lately!(well apart from Guitar Hero) Wii Music is great because you don't always have to play random songs you don't know and there are a few old favourites and classics such as: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Frere
Jacques, Carmen and loads more. You can have fun using many songs while conducting an orchestra or while your jamming!
There are 3 modes and one video gallery to view your concerts.
1. Jam Mode-In Jam Mode you play with the "tutes" who are freaky little people and you can choose any instrument, where you are playing and which position you are. It's great fun to have a nice jam session to warm yourself up and put you in a happy mood. It's nice to play to relieve stress. Nice one!
2. Game Mode-Obviously, this is where you play music games to help you understand more. There is one called Pitch Perfect where you have to solve random problems, one where you can conduct a whole orchestra and a third one where you ring bells at the right time when they cross a strip. That's called Handbell Harmony.
3.Lessons-Here you can learn ALL the basics from the freaky music leader. He tells you how to play and learn beats and other things to help you progress at a good pace.
-What I like
There is a gorgeous selection of songs you'll love to play to and there are plenty of scenes and instruments to keep you going!
I especially love that they've chosen a wide variety of instruments like a galactic horn and DJ Boards so you don't get bored with the same old ones. To view memories all you do is click on the video gallery to view all the songs you've saved as videos. Solid entertainment by the click of a button. Don't worry, you can delete them if you didn't watch them and thought they were fantastic. You can create stylish sleeves to slot your vids into and you can even give it a nice finish with a border. How cool!
You can also send them to your friends!
-What I dislike
Sometimes the tutes freak me out like their little aliens. Euh!
The game lies and says you need the balance board and a chair but you don't sometimes. Sigh.
I would give this game the following marks:
Gameplay 8/10
Graphics 9.9/10
Addiction 9/10
+Great selection of songs and scenes to make your way through
+Wide variety of instruments including weird and iregular ones
+Fun and addicting
-Weird freaky helpers/backup
-Tells you you need stuff you don't need
Written by funkeybub
Sat 13/02/10 at 14:12
Regular
:) :)
Sun 17/01/10 at 17:17
Regular
Yeah! I agree this game is aimed at kids and is developing its
greatness but it can be a bit too classical at times but I still think it's a great game for bored kids who need to work their imaganative side.
Sun 10/01/10 at 22:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Just watched a video review. Doesn't look as good now :( And what's with the lame songs? Suppose it's targeted at young kids (although the drumkit looks impossible).
Sun 10/01/10 at 22:02
"possibly impossible"
I got Wii Music a while ago. I find that it's a bit too simplistic for what it boasts it can do. Fantastic for the kids though, they love playing on it, just 'jamming'. The midi-style music can get on your nerves though!
Sun 10/01/10 at 16:09
Regular
"How Ironic"
This sounds like an awesome game. Also an awesome review ;D
I play loads of instruments (well, 4 or so, not exactly an orchestra) but I could have fun with this.
Sun 10/01/10 at 14:15
Regular
-The Main Point and Game
Love music and relaxation? Love to play music while hogging the Wii from your little brother? Don't want to learn how to play an instrument? Well then, Wii Music is the ultimate music sensation for all you music fans released on the Wii lately!(well apart from Guitar Hero) Wii Music is great because you don't always have to play random songs you don't know and there are a few old favourites and classics such as: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Frere
Jacques, Carmen and loads more. You can have fun using many songs while conducting an orchestra or while your jamming!
There are 3 modes and one video gallery to view your concerts.
1. Jam Mode-In Jam Mode you play with the "tutes" who are freaky little people and you can choose any instrument, where you are playing and which position you are. It's great fun to have a nice jam session to warm yourself up and put you in a happy mood. It's nice to play to relieve stress. Nice one!
2. Game Mode-Obviously, this is where you play music games to help you understand more. There is one called Pitch Perfect where you have to solve random problems, one where you can conduct a whole orchestra and a third one where you ring bells at the right time when they cross a strip. That's called Handbell Harmony.
3.Lessons-Here you can learn ALL the basics from the freaky music leader. He tells you how to play and learn beats and other things to help you progress at a good pace.
-What I like
There is a gorgeous selection of songs you'll love to play to and there are plenty of scenes and instruments to keep you going!
I especially love that they've chosen a wide variety of instruments like a galactic horn and DJ Boards so you don't get bored with the same old ones. To view memories all you do is click on the video gallery to view all the songs you've saved as videos. Solid entertainment by the click of a button. Don't worry, you can delete them if you didn't watch them and thought they were fantastic. You can create stylish sleeves to slot your vids into and you can even give it a nice finish with a border. How cool!
You can also send them to your friends!
-What I dislike
Sometimes the tutes freak me out like their little aliens. Euh!
The game lies and says you need the balance board and a chair but you don't sometimes. Sigh.
I would give this game the following marks:
Gameplay 8/10
Graphics 9.9/10
Addiction 9/10
+Great selection of songs and scenes to make your way through
+Wide variety of instruments including weird and iregular ones
+Fun and addicting
-Weird freaky helpers/backup
-Tells you you need stuff you don't need
Written by funkeybub

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.