GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Earth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/01/07 at 20:25
Regular
"lets go back"
Google Earth is fabulous. I cant get enough of this wonderful application. I'm sure most of you know about it already, but in case you dont I'll explain. It's a free program that "Offers maps and satellite images for complex or pinpointed regional searches"

Thats right folks. Satellite images of the whole world. It makes me feel like I'm on 24 or something.

I'm having a great time finding different places I've visited.

Does anyone else use this?
Thu 18/01/07 at 10:28
Regular
No, it's actually been caught flying over the houses =)

I think someone in that area was checking where they lived and suddenly saw a Lancaster bomber flying over their house.

click for those who don't have Google Earth
Thu 18/01/07 at 09:44
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
Machie wrote:
> 52 20 10.87N 0 11 43.34W
>
> Biggles will know what this is =)

a plane in some ones drive?
Wed 17/01/07 at 23:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
I downloaded it... and it disappeared... Damn you Microsoft! Damn you all to hell!

*cries*
Wed 17/01/07 at 11:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hmmm... wrote:

> I'm also a Google Earth fan. For those of you who are 'blurry' in
> the UK (your house that is) then try Microsoft's offering -
> Virtual Earth.

WOW! That is fantastic! I can't believe how clear even the cars are parked on driveways!
Wed 17/01/07 at 11:09
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I'm also a Google Earth fan. For those of you who are 'blurry' in
> the UK (your house that is) then try Microsoft's offering -
> Virtual Earth.
>
> Not only does it have better coverage of the UK but it's usually
> more recent as well. G Earth does have better detail wheere there
> resolution is good though.
>
> There is no application to download or install which can be
> handy, wherever you happen to be, as long as you have internet
> access just visit local.live.com
> [URL]http://local.live.com/[/URL]

I'll have to try that at home, it doesn't work here.
Wed 17/01/07 at 09:12
"Are you sure?"
I'm also a Google Earth fan. For those of you who are 'blurry' in the UK (your house that is) then try Microsoft's offering - Virtual Earth.

Not only does it have better coverage of the UK but it's usually more recent as well. G Earth does have better detail wheere there resolution is good though.

There is no application to download or install which can be handy, wherever you happen to be, as long as you have internet access just visit local.live.com [URL]http://local.live.com/[/URL]
Tue 16/01/07 at 23:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
Go to RM113QD and one of the middle circle of houses has a deck chair out, me mother is lying in it.

You filthy perves!
Tue 16/01/07 at 22:37
Regular
52 20 10.87N 0 11 43.34W

Biggles will know what this is =)
Tue 16/01/07 at 22:11
Regular
Dubai

Just copy and paste that and get ready for to do this... :O

Head south west just a bit and you'll see 3 groups of islands.

You'll notice the first looks a bit odd. That's because this photo is a bit old. This is what the group of islands look like now. =)

How did they make these islands? Just zoom in on the area between the two part of the first group of islands and you'll see how. =D

EDIT: By first group I mean the one closest to the Dubai pointer.

Oops 'will' look like. I think they're still working on it =)
Tue 16/01/07 at 21:59
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It was good when I first got it, but it got boring very quickly. I mean, all it does is show you satelite images of the world. Once you've done that once, it's not fun anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.