GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I wont be getting FFXI :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Wed 21/04/04 at 17:35
Regular
I already have a linux kit for my PS2, meaning my HDD expansion bay is taken by my 40Gb drive for this.

Not about to take my PS2 to bits to change it just to play FFX, so looks like this excellent game wont be comping to my PS2, and I'm not about to upgrade my PC to play it, I'd be just as cheap buying a new PS2 and HDD.

Looked good, but I'll just have to find on MMORPG which doesn't need a hard drive :)
Fri 23/04/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> I recently started playing FFX-2, and while I really like all the
> voice acting in FFX, it struck me that Lulu... isn't really very
> good. I know she's meant to be surly, but in the sequel she really
> just sounds boring. Rikku is much better.

Yea Rikku is very good and should fit in quite well in the La Pucelle universe. Not too sure about Lulu however the worst voice has to be Paine's. God she's annoying
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:58
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I recently started playing FFX-2, and while I really like all the voice acting in FFX, it struck me that Lulu... isn't really very good. I know she's meant to be surly, but in the sequel she really just sounds boring. Rikku is much better.
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Speaking of La Pucelle apparently the actresses who did the voices of Lulu and Rikku in FFX will be lending their vocal talents to characters in this game.
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Man, between Disgaea and FFXI, you're going to end up in hospital.
> Seriously though, you'll never be able to commit to both!

I can't commit to both Disgaea and my girlfriend at the moment and what with La Pucelle Tactics and Front Mission 4 coming soon i'm going to be having a nervous gaming breakdown :-D
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Man, between Disgaea and FFXI, you're going to end up in hospital. Seriously though, you'll never be able to commit to both!
Fri 23/04/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i'm going to be getting it soon, just put my friends in canada's address in :-D
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:50
Regular
Ah thanks. If I decide to get it, I'll most likely be getting it on PC anyway.
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The only difficult part was typing in all the address details with the controller - I got myself a USB keyboard last night to sort that.

You have to enter a dummy US address first of all - as it only lets you choose US or Canada for country. I just looked up a Florida zip code and stuck that in with a random street name - this address is meaningless anyway.

When you put in billing details you get a full list of countries, so this is where your actual address goes.

Just better point out that it will ONLY work on a US PS2. Even if your machine is chipped or whatever. This doesn't apply to the PC, where it will work everywhere.
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:37
Regular
Darwock, I'm assuming you have the US version. How easy was it to set up here in the UK?

Any address/billing problems?
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The US one is $99 with FFXI pre-installed. Bonus, you realise you can get FFXI for the PC as well, that would solve your HDD dilemma.

I started playing last night.. I am a black mage human in Bastok. Just made small talk with a few people, killed a couple of bugs and explored the city.

What an experience though, stopping on a bridge to talk to a guy who's fishing as the moon comes out over the city... woooahhhh...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.