GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paper Mario 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Paper Mario 2'.
Thu 13/05/04 at 17:59
Regular
"not dead"
Graphically, this looks awesome! I love the way he's paper-flat, looks so cool when he turns.

Anyone else seen the video?

Thought the bit where he turns to a paper-airplane to fly across a gap was genius.

That is all.
Mon 17/05/04 at 23:04
Regular
I read the preview in the latest NGC of Paper Mario 2.

I want.
Mon 17/05/04 at 21:36
Regular
"??????"
The original was brilliant, but hopefully this one will be harder. The puzzles were sometimes more difficult than the fights in the original.

I'm now playing through the original with no badges, and I'm only fighting Bosses and nothing else. Might do a walkthrough for this style of game. Certainly makes you use your Items a lot more...
Sat 15/05/04 at 14:15
Regular
I was one of the lucky few to own a copy of PAper Mario on the N64, it was easy and a bit of a kiddies game... but I played it from start to finish and loved every minute.
Fri 14/05/04 at 07:22
Regular
The paper aeroplane transition really is a work of art, I chuckled to myself when I saw it - classic Nintendo.

Loved the original, but it came out towards the end of the N64's lifespan and for me it kinda got forgotten in the GC rush, but seeing this demo has compelled me to dust of the old 64 and play it again. No really.
Fri 14/05/04 at 00:41
Regular
"The Legendary S.S."
..::CGJ::.. wrote:
> So, what is Paper Mario?

The first Paper Mario for N64 took place when Princess Peach invited the Mario Bros. to a party at her castle. Mario went to Peach's room, and just when they were starting to talk, the castle started to float! It turned out that Bowser had used a crane on his floating castle to lift Peach's castle up in the air. Bowser then entered the room and Mario began to fight him. Unfortunately, Bowser had the power of the Star Rod, which made him invincible. He easily defeated Mario and knocked him out of the castle. Mario then had to travel across the land, freeing the seven Star Spirits that Bowser's henchmen had captured. Once he freed all of them, he would be given the Star Beam, which would eventually allow him to defeat Bowser.

Now, you may ask, "What's the Star Rod, Beam, and Spirits?" Well, the Star Spirits use the power of the Star Rod to grant wishes to people who wish upon a star. However, they do not grant selfish wishes. For a long time, Bowser had been making wishes such as "I'd like to trounce Mario" or "I want Princess Peach to like me." When he found out the Spirits weren't granting his wishes, he traveled to Star Haven(where the Star Spirits live) and stole the Star Rod. The Star Beam is the only weapon that can overpower the Star Rod.
Thu 13/05/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm not exactly sure what Paper Mario is about either, but from the screenshots it looks like a good old fashioned side scrolling platformer and I like the look of it. I'll need to read more about it but I reckon it may be my next GC game.
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Plate of glue"
So, what is Paper Mario?
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have the original on the N64, and it really is genius. I will play it through again one day.

I also enjoyed M+L on GBA, and that was pretty similar gameplay wise.
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Teal'c"
I weee myself regularly in anticipation. I loved M & L Superstar saga and Mario RPG. Never got the chance to get Paper Mario though.
Booo.
This one shall not pass me by.
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This should rock, really. I never actually bought the N64 original, but the reviews I read were all full of praise, and I am expectng similar stuff from this Gamecube outing.

AJ wants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.