GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Thu 25/01/07 at 20:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Not seen biglime around in a while.
Thu 25/01/07 at 14:23
"possibly impossible"
Interesting, yes, I can see how it works to your favour. It does mean that an influx of people to the forums is to your advantage as well.

Luckily there have been a few new recruits and a few old members return recently, so it's good news if the trend continues.

Now to get those post counts up a bit!
Thu 25/01/07 at 14:15
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
pb wrote:
> Hi Tony. Nice to see a staffie in this topic! I think there are
> some good ideas in general here, from everyone. Will they get
> discussed at all?
>
> Also, could you comment on your opinion of how freeola sees
> their main concerns for attracting new customers: ie, do you
> think cheats attract more or the forums, or do you see the
> forums as a seperate entity that doesn't create any/much trade
> with the ISP business?
>
> I think we're all interested to know as those of us that have
> been here so long feel almost part of freeola.

Er - OK this is tricky.

1. We get tons of e-mail addresses for our bulletin
2. Lots of people get to know our brand
3. It gives the site scale and diversity
4. Some of our plans, e.g. instant web sites, overlap with profiles, blogs, communities etc.
5. We might be able to sell advertising if it were worth the trouble.
6. We enjoy it when we get time and we would like to have the time to make it bigger, better and more diverse.

Corporate answer - it fits our customer profile, raises awareness of our site and brand, and has a lot of future potential.
Fri 12/01/07 at 19:55
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Ladybird wrote:
> I always thought that voting out a notable sucked monkey balls.
> Why even bother awarding the designation if you're just going to
> remove it eventually.

In which case, you move to a system whereby notables are only elected under exceptional circumstances (e.g. 10 GAD wins, 100% vote from existing notables, etc).
Fri 12/01/07 at 11:13
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
There is a link in the top-right of each thread called 'Alert a Staff Moderator'.

If you have any complaints or comments that need to be brought to our attention, please contact us via this online form as a first resort. These comments will be private to staff moderators, so its use could prevent some bad feeling caused by public comments about specific users.

We will look into any complaints and will take action where we feel it is for the good of the forums.
Fri 12/01/07 at 11:07
"possibly impossible"
Hi Tony. Nice to see a staffie in this topic! I think there are some good ideas in general here, from everyone. Will they get discussed at all?

Also, could you comment on your opinion of how freeola sees their main concerns for attracting new customers: ie, do you think cheats attract more or the forums, or do you see the forums as a seperate entity that doesn't create any/much trade with the ISP business?

I think we're all interested to know as those of us that have been here so long feel almost part of freeola.
Fri 12/01/07 at 10:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Clearly the forums should only be edited by the moderators when there is a genuine need to do so, and the moderator powers should not be used for joking around. People take a lot of trouble to write their posts and these must not be tampered with unnecessarily.

In the near future will add a "comment" or "complaint" link to enable some private feedback to staff moderators. This will enable any user with genuine concerns to voice them to us. If we receive a number of complaints about a moderator by the people who have had their posts deleted or edited, then we will do our best to investigate and we may take action.

This system will be set up as a trial, as we are concerned not to be bombarded with comments.

Aside from that the moderator system will remain as it is, but I have been interested to read your views in this thread and we have not ignored your comments.

Belated happy new year to you all.
Thu 11/01/07 at 22:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Chippxero wrote:

pretty much my exact opinion on the cheats
Thu 11/01/07 at 19:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've yet to see any explanation of how or why the current system is broke. In any event, Freeola's decision so I'm not sure a vote achieves anything. ;)
Thu 11/01/07 at 19:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
5 Mods to cover the entire forum and thats it. Having them do individual sections is stupid as they're not on that often and even when they are it's usually for sections they're not able to mod.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.