GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ip pointing to moonfruit design"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/01/07 at 16:42
Regular
I am currently designing my site with moonfruit and wish to use my feeola domain name. Moonfruit states I should get freeola to direct my 'dns a' record to moonfruits ip address.

ANy ideas how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Gav
Mon 19/03/07 at 18:52
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sorry if I am mistaken, but doesn't this page allow you to change your DNS settings?
Mon 19/03/07 at 09:21
Regular
"incognito"
Centurion, rather than an html redirect you could upload a php 301 redirect. This is the correct way to redirect and is more search engine friendly.

However, if you want to show your moonfruit site under your Freeola domain name, you should upload a html frame for your main page, pointing to the ip address that moonfruit gave you. This should display correctly.
Sun 18/03/07 at 10:54
Regular
Then why cant you transfer the domain into freeola? change the dns settings to Freeola and move away from moonfruit?

Kev
Sun 18/03/07 at 00:13
Regular
I dont see why not. May other providers are allowing it.

Using the way you described does not allow me to make use of any search engines. And this still shows the moonfruit url instead of my domain name in the url bar.

Regards

Gavin
Mon 08/01/07 at 18:33
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Hi Centurion,

Unfortunately, the A records are not something that we have the means to change, we are only able to change the DNS servers themselves. If you have a site designed else where, I would advise putting a simple HTML re-directing script (plenty found on searches on google) onto your space at Freeola, this will make any viewers to your site direct to your other space.
Wed 03/01/07 at 16:42
Regular
I am currently designing my site with moonfruit and wish to use my feeola domain name. Moonfruit states I should get freeola to direct my 'dns a' record to moonfruits ip address.

ANy ideas how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Gav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.