GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone Playing Joint Operations?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Well, is anyone playing Joint Operations Typhoon Rising regularly?
Mon 16/08/04 at 22:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I got it at the weekend, reminds me of what made Battlefield 1942 so enjoyable to play. It's a bit silly and fairly glitchy (I jumped in the Chinook and ended up on the roof, doing a bit of helicopter surfing) but it's damn good fun.

It'd be good though, if Novalogic finally caught up with the rest of the gaming world, those graphics looked aged in Black Hawk Down, and however much they may be improved upon, the game still looks decrepit. Ignore the graphics though, and enjoy the game.
Mon 16/08/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Put it this way, it's the only online PC game I'ver ever played more than once, it has problems but what games doesnt? Damn good fun with tons of players in it.
Mon 16/08/04 at 14:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
150 players?

Jesus.
Sun 15/08/04 at 16:36
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
is it any good, cos iv had delta force 2 e.t.c.
Sun 01/08/04 at 00:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Just so long as the bugs aren't as frequent or as devastating as they are in games like Soldner and Breed which need a good years worth of patching before they can even be considered playable, it shouldn't cause too much upset.

I have to say I'm looking forward to the full chaotic battles with 149 other players, I like big servers, the closest you get full scale online warfare.
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Be warned that it did change quite a bit from the demo- in fact the bug fixing etc is still on going - though the moron cheaters have been all but gotten rid of.
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm ordering the game now (though its currently out of stock). While the demo wasn't great, the potential in the final game was huge, I just hope you can add joystick support to fly helicopters and aircraft since the keyboard method felt wierd.

I'm also getting quite tired of Battlefield Vietnam right now, not half the game Battlefield 1942 was, so Joint Ops could be a nice cost effective replacement.
Thu 29/07/04 at 23:48
Regular
I completed the co-op levels with my mate over LAN the other day. Tis excellent, although I can't go online with it for a simple reason. I'm a dirty commie. Although I'm deffinately tempted to buy the game.
Thu 29/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
"TRobbins"
Yea sure very good game looks and plays proper well worth dat 20 mate
Wed 28/07/04 at 18:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've still yet to purchase this myself, was put off slightly by the demo but I hear the full game is actually quite good. I'll have to pick it up from Play since they've got it under £20.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.