GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator 3: The Redemption - Success of Failure?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Terminator 3: Redemption'.
Wed 04/08/04 at 12:44
Regular
""It's me u want""
The whole "Terminator" idea obviously started with a hit craze with the 1984 blockbuster film. A great, outstanding film, something not to be forgotten.
But this film triggered off many aspects of merchandise, namely computer games. Dating back to the early 90's. But they never seemed right, poor graphics, which never really resembled Arnold Schwarzenneger in the slightest. The fact that the face of Arnold was so poor, Arnold declined to take any part in the game what so ever. He said that if it doesnt look like him, he wont participate in audio commentary. Which he hasnt up until The latest, Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines.
What an appalling game that was! The poor handling of controls, and the sadening first person view. hardly elegant and up to fan spectations.
I bought this misery for £40. Not particularly worth it, in mind. So now it sits in my little game holder and collects dust.
Atari must have been proud of this one! Or not, as they have decided to out-do the poor predecessors and create an ultimate fan orientated in mind game. Now this game actually looks and sounds worth buying. not to mention Arnold actually looks like Arnold, therefore he has provided running commentary throughout the game, and to the players disposal, simply by the pressing of the circle button.
I can't wait till the 3d action packed futuristic post apocalyptic state game comes out! Maybe it was something they had in mind whilst creating the T3: TRotM. As there is a very brief, and brilliant demo on the game, perhaps they knew in advance that it was going to be a losing game?!
But now with you at the helm of the worlds greatest known film star, deadliest Terminator and fan mesmorised character then im sure you wont be disappointed. With over 18 levels to play through, each consisting of ground, vehicle and air battles this game will not be a dead drop but a dead cert winner. As you progress through the game you earn "Terabytes" which you can upgrade your systems with. Systems such as your terminator vision, or fighting style. This is something that has been implemented to increase the interestabilty of the game. There has also been talk of a 2 player co-operative option. Although not said to be a great aspect of the game, once again its something that hasn't been done before in any terminator game.
Keep the Terminator games coming, and keep them fresh with full of great ideas! Don't let your greatest fans be disappointed for a 3rd time running, instead stun them with the greatness and thought that has gone into this game!
It looks decent, sounds decent, but that is all an overview, but what will the real game be like? An abortion of thrown together parts taken from movies, other previous terminator games and leading games out already? Or will it be original, easy to confer with and a joy to play with its own personal touch and twist? That is yet to be decided!
Wed 04/08/04 at 22:29
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Dynasty Warriors Empires. Ordering it via Gameaday.
Wed 04/08/04 at 14:40
Regular
""It's me u want""
Indeed.

What game are you looking forward to that is yet to be released?

I can't wait till GTA: San Andreas! :D
Wed 04/08/04 at 14:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
There is always hope.
Wed 04/08/04 at 14:24
Regular
""It's me u want""
True, like i said before, I wasnt too impressed with T3: TRotM, the game and the film!
but im really hoping that this new t3: the Redemption game will make a really good impression and mop up the tears left over from the last catastrophie!
Lets hope it doesn't follow the typical terminator fashion and breaks free from that style.
Wed 04/08/04 at 13:27
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I think Terminator is one of those things that seems like it would be good as a game, but ends up as another in that pile of rubbish churned out in 2 months.
Wed 04/08/04 at 12:44
Regular
""It's me u want""
The whole "Terminator" idea obviously started with a hit craze with the 1984 blockbuster film. A great, outstanding film, something not to be forgotten.
But this film triggered off many aspects of merchandise, namely computer games. Dating back to the early 90's. But they never seemed right, poor graphics, which never really resembled Arnold Schwarzenneger in the slightest. The fact that the face of Arnold was so poor, Arnold declined to take any part in the game what so ever. He said that if it doesnt look like him, he wont participate in audio commentary. Which he hasnt up until The latest, Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines.
What an appalling game that was! The poor handling of controls, and the sadening first person view. hardly elegant and up to fan spectations.
I bought this misery for £40. Not particularly worth it, in mind. So now it sits in my little game holder and collects dust.
Atari must have been proud of this one! Or not, as they have decided to out-do the poor predecessors and create an ultimate fan orientated in mind game. Now this game actually looks and sounds worth buying. not to mention Arnold actually looks like Arnold, therefore he has provided running commentary throughout the game, and to the players disposal, simply by the pressing of the circle button.
I can't wait till the 3d action packed futuristic post apocalyptic state game comes out! Maybe it was something they had in mind whilst creating the T3: TRotM. As there is a very brief, and brilliant demo on the game, perhaps they knew in advance that it was going to be a losing game?!
But now with you at the helm of the worlds greatest known film star, deadliest Terminator and fan mesmorised character then im sure you wont be disappointed. With over 18 levels to play through, each consisting of ground, vehicle and air battles this game will not be a dead drop but a dead cert winner. As you progress through the game you earn "Terabytes" which you can upgrade your systems with. Systems such as your terminator vision, or fighting style. This is something that has been implemented to increase the interestabilty of the game. There has also been talk of a 2 player co-operative option. Although not said to be a great aspect of the game, once again its something that hasn't been done before in any terminator game.
Keep the Terminator games coming, and keep them fresh with full of great ideas! Don't let your greatest fans be disappointed for a 3rd time running, instead stun them with the greatness and thought that has gone into this game!
It looks decent, sounds decent, but that is all an overview, but what will the real game be like? An abortion of thrown together parts taken from movies, other previous terminator games and leading games out already? Or will it be original, easy to confer with and a joy to play with its own personal touch and twist? That is yet to be decided!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.