GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME PREVIEW] Left 4 Dead 2 – Xbox 360"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Left 4 Dead 2'.
Fri 13/11/09 at 12:56
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME PREVIEW] Left 4 Dead 2 – Xbox 360

Moving on from the huge success of the original Left 4 Dead, Valve have used the same game engine to re-create the exciting and co-op based game that saw 4 survivors run, shoot and kill their way to escaping the after math of a apocalyptic pandemic that has cause most the world to be left like Zombies, trying to feed on those who have not been infected.

The original game was praised for it’s co-op play, and anyone who experienced it will let you know it was a fantastic game to be involved in. Making your way through levels with friends or strangers, helping each other out and fighting off hordes of oncoming Zombies, all hungry for your brains! The second instalment of this already popular series sees the same things as the first, but with a change of scenary and some new help to protect yourself with. A high focal point of improvement is the use of melee weapons. You can now pick up frying pans, baseball bats and other random objects to beat Zombies senseless with. The most anticipated is probably the chainsaw, and with good reason. Valve have taken the game to the next level and really made a high adrenaline packed FPS that every fan will enjoy. A nice new addition to the weapon list is the “bile bomb”, a small vial of the bile so many of us had spewed on us in the first game, that cause Zombies to go crazy and attack whoever it is on. With this new toy you can turn them on each other and watch the carnage from a safe distance.

With 5 new campaigns to play through, you can expect plenty more surprises as you race to the next safe house to regain your health and re-stock on ammo. The same style game play as before where you can heal, and help your fellow survivors is in place and i guess the saying “if something is not broken, then don’t fix it!” applies very well here. The original did everything right and pleased many fans. So a few tweaks have been put in to keep fans and new comers happy. With the added weapons and new maps, i think this game will deliver to the same high standards we have come to expect.

Some more good news for fans is that "the director" the in game AI will alter each play and will reward players for taking more risks and harder routes. You may get special ammo or better weapons. The game may also throw in some new walls, or change weather and lighting in areas to make each playthrough "unique".

From my research i have found out that most the “infected” in the game are much like the original, but with some new types added to keep things fresh. Also depending on the level you are on, you will find infected in various outfits that may help protect them from certain weapon types. So for example there are some in riot gear and this makes gun fire out of the question. The special infected are back and with the hunter, smoker, boomer and tanks all back to make surviving the campaign that much harder. Another nice touch on the game is the detail on attacking, when you shoot enemies they will blow certain parts off and cause much more gore than in the original. This of course has caused some negative comments on the game from certain places but a game with this sort of content will always attract some negative attention.

Not just from the graphics and other visuals has this game cause some annoyance. Due to the first one not being too old and little DLC being offered, some fans were annoyed with having to pay for a brand new game when more DLC was promised. This is understandable but people also need to realise the cost of doing such work and releasing a new game allows for better graphics and improved game play from the first. Valve have said they will continue to support the first game but i would highly doubt DLC for an older game with a sequel being available.

Hopefully most of you are excited about the release of this game and enjoyed the first. I would strongly suggest picking this up for the pure brilliance in co-op and the great time you can spend trying to survive the campaign with friends and strangers on Xbox Live. From everything i have seen and read, this game will improve most aspects of the first and will not disappoint. It will play similar, have better graphics and new enemies and weapons to play with. Surely this game will be a hot favourite over the Christmas period, and should keep people inside on those cold winter days!

Thanks for Reading and hope you have enjoyed the preview.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 13/11/09 at 12:56
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME PREVIEW] Left 4 Dead 2 – Xbox 360

Moving on from the huge success of the original Left 4 Dead, Valve have used the same game engine to re-create the exciting and co-op based game that saw 4 survivors run, shoot and kill their way to escaping the after math of a apocalyptic pandemic that has cause most the world to be left like Zombies, trying to feed on those who have not been infected.

The original game was praised for it’s co-op play, and anyone who experienced it will let you know it was a fantastic game to be involved in. Making your way through levels with friends or strangers, helping each other out and fighting off hordes of oncoming Zombies, all hungry for your brains! The second instalment of this already popular series sees the same things as the first, but with a change of scenary and some new help to protect yourself with. A high focal point of improvement is the use of melee weapons. You can now pick up frying pans, baseball bats and other random objects to beat Zombies senseless with. The most anticipated is probably the chainsaw, and with good reason. Valve have taken the game to the next level and really made a high adrenaline packed FPS that every fan will enjoy. A nice new addition to the weapon list is the “bile bomb”, a small vial of the bile so many of us had spewed on us in the first game, that cause Zombies to go crazy and attack whoever it is on. With this new toy you can turn them on each other and watch the carnage from a safe distance.

With 5 new campaigns to play through, you can expect plenty more surprises as you race to the next safe house to regain your health and re-stock on ammo. The same style game play as before where you can heal, and help your fellow survivors is in place and i guess the saying “if something is not broken, then don’t fix it!” applies very well here. The original did everything right and pleased many fans. So a few tweaks have been put in to keep fans and new comers happy. With the added weapons and new maps, i think this game will deliver to the same high standards we have come to expect.

Some more good news for fans is that "the director" the in game AI will alter each play and will reward players for taking more risks and harder routes. You may get special ammo or better weapons. The game may also throw in some new walls, or change weather and lighting in areas to make each playthrough "unique".

From my research i have found out that most the “infected” in the game are much like the original, but with some new types added to keep things fresh. Also depending on the level you are on, you will find infected in various outfits that may help protect them from certain weapon types. So for example there are some in riot gear and this makes gun fire out of the question. The special infected are back and with the hunter, smoker, boomer and tanks all back to make surviving the campaign that much harder. Another nice touch on the game is the detail on attacking, when you shoot enemies they will blow certain parts off and cause much more gore than in the original. This of course has caused some negative comments on the game from certain places but a game with this sort of content will always attract some negative attention.

Not just from the graphics and other visuals has this game cause some annoyance. Due to the first one not being too old and little DLC being offered, some fans were annoyed with having to pay for a brand new game when more DLC was promised. This is understandable but people also need to realise the cost of doing such work and releasing a new game allows for better graphics and improved game play from the first. Valve have said they will continue to support the first game but i would highly doubt DLC for an older game with a sequel being available.

Hopefully most of you are excited about the release of this game and enjoyed the first. I would strongly suggest picking this up for the pure brilliance in co-op and the great time you can spend trying to survive the campaign with friends and strangers on Xbox Live. From everything i have seen and read, this game will improve most aspects of the first and will not disappoint. It will play similar, have better graphics and new enemies and weapons to play with. Surely this game will be a hot favourite over the Christmas period, and should keep people inside on those cold winter days!

Thanks for Reading and hope you have enjoyed the preview.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.