GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros. 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:18
Regular
"a.k.a King"
We do need one, don't we. Yes we do, we crave for a sequel. Melee was the ultimate fighting fest, packed with Ninty history, tons of modes and plenty of multiplayer mayhem. So, would you lot like to see a Smash Bros. 3, and what characters would you put in it.

I would add to the series:

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Wario
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
Ridley (Metroid)

I would have said Viewtiful Joe, but now he's on PS2, so damn. And no, I wouldn't want Sonic's sad ass in the game. What do you all think?
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:42
Regular
Nintendo kept the characters related to their franchises whilst, as apart of the sale contract, sold RARE's franchises with RARE.

Characters such as Krystal from Starfox Adventures... and Diddy from Donkey Kong remained.

Nintendo also have the rights to Dixie, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky etc...

But Nintendo have a little more common sense and will probably leave them all to rot.

K-Rool and Cranky are likely to continue their appearances.
Fri 20/08/04 at 10:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> All the designs for the Kong family, except Diddy Kong and Donkey
> Kong, belong to Rare, although the name Kong belongs to Nintendo.
> Therefore, Nintendo cannot use these character designs without
> Rare's
> permission. Likewise Rare can't use the name Kong for any of their
> characters without Nintendo's permission.
>
> King K-Rool and Cranky Kong, 2 characters created by RARE appear in
> Donkey Konga.
>
> All characters related to the Donkey Kong franchise belong to
> Nintendo. Conker, Banjo etc... also belonged to Nintendo but were
> sold along with RARE.

Was it that they were sold, or was it because as Nintendo had the DK franchise before Rare worked on the games, everything in it belonged to Nintendo. Banjo and Jo Dark, Conker etc. were all completely new franchises from Rare so still belong to them.

Anyways. Most of the good suggestions for new characters have gone, except one.. how come no one has said the most obvious one?

Toadsworth! Mwhaha. He can go nuts whacking people with that knob of his, that one on the end of his staff thing. Yehar.
Thu 19/08/04 at 14:27
Regular
Touch screen beat 'em up? :-D
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:21
Regular
Strafio wrote:

>
> Super Smash Brothers: Melee is still selling well to this day, it is
> phenomonal and is set to be the biggest selling Gamecube game.
>
> Interesting...
> Do you have an sales figures?

I know it was the first game to hit the million for the Gamecube...

And it is still in the top ten Gamecube charts in America...

3 years after release.

Big fan though, we won't get a Gamecube sequel unless it was Bongo controlled? Online with Revolution? Touch screen beat 'em up with the DS?

Interesting.
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:35
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> King K-Rool and Cranky Kong, 2 characters created by RARE appear in
> Donkey Konga.
>
> All characters related to the Donkey Kong franchise belong to
> Nintendo. Conker, Banjo etc... also belonged to Nintendo but were
> sold along with RARE.

I think the Snes DK characters were owned by Nintendo, who probably rejected the N64-only cast. :-)

> Super Smash Brothers: Melee is still selling well to this day, it is
> phenomonal and is set to be the biggest selling Gamecube game.

Interesting...
Do you have an sales figures?

> If the Gamecube were to get another title we'd need a few new
> characters, maybe:
>
> Olimar (Pikmin styled fighting, E-Gadd (paintbrush, FLUDD and vaccum
> cleaner to the rescue), Doshin (powerful but slow, can change into
> Jashin), Boo (the floaty like), Wario (throwing abilities), Krystal
> (errr), Guitar weilding dog from Animal Crossing.
>
> Controlled via bongo?

Not enough.
Online play or no go! :-)
Tue 17/08/04 at 15:15
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> All the designs for the Kong family, except Diddy Kong and Donkey
> Kong, belong to Rare, although the name Kong belongs to Nintendo.
> Therefore, Nintendo cannot use these character designs without Rare's
> permission. Likewise Rare can't use the name Kong for any of their
> characters without Nintendo's permission.

King K-Rool and Cranky Kong, 2 characters created by RARE appear in Donkey Konga.

All characters related to the Donkey Kong franchise belong to Nintendo. Conker, Banjo etc... also belonged to Nintendo but were sold along with RARE.

Super Smash Brothers: Melee is still selling well to this day, it is phenomonal and is set to be the biggest selling Gamecube game.

If the Gamecube were to get another title we'd need a few new characters, maybe:

Olimar (Pikmin styled fighting, E-Gadd (paintbrush, FLUDD and vaccum cleaner to the rescue), Doshin (powerful but slow, can change into Jashin), Boo (the floaty like), Wario (throwing abilities), Krystal (errr), Guitar weilding dog from Animal Crossing.

Controlled via bongo?
Mon 16/08/04 at 22:03
Regular
I never had a Dreamcast so I missed Powerstone.

It always sounded really interesting though.
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
what would make it even better is if they had races, like in Powerstone 2. Where 4 players race to the main stage, whilst trying to kill each other on the way. God I miss powerstone, wish theyd make another!
Mon 16/08/04 at 13:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Melee's better than any other fighter I've played (probably), especially if you turn off the items and go all out with feints and throws and dodges and being Kirby and grabbing a guy and smacking them in the face before doing a 10-mile-high-piledriver.
Sun 15/08/04 at 22:38
Regular
The only step forward that would make a sequel worthwhile would be online play.

Super Smash Brothers was the original, Melée took it to new levels of fast playability (athough I don't like how they weakened the throws so much).
What could a new one do?

Yeah, new characters and levels would be a treat, but a poor excuse for a new game.

Put in an online mode, and although it'll never truly replace 3 gamers next to you, most of us don't have that luxury to be replaced (damn my over maturing brothers and Xbox converting friends - sure it's great to play Halo with them, but they can't even challenge me on Smash Brothers anymore, which is a shame remembering the classic N64 battles we had).

So yeah, online play firstly.

And lots of new moves/characters/mini-games/levels/other things too. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.