GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Battlefront - Worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:51
Regular
Bearing in mind I like a decent single player and that I can't rent games, is this really worth the effot?

Heard a fair few on Mech Assault last night who were bored of it as well as a few people I know who have the PS2 version and are bored of it.

Wanting a relly top LIVE title that people will come back to and play again and again for the next few months, in all honesty is this really going to last above a couple of weeks?

Cheers.
Fri 01/10/04 at 22:18
Regular
"8==="
Daveus wrote:
> £25 second hand? you can get it £30 from play.com + free
> P+P

Sold it so nah. :P

and how damaged do think it'd be after having been played for a toal of 7 hours and considering I've never had replace one of my games ever?

Plus I'm paying the postage and that's the average secondhand price on ebay. :P :P
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
It's a shame that you can't pitch the troops from two different eras into a head-head battle. Droids vs Rebels etc.
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:53
Regular
"BOSE"
£25 second hand? you can get it £30 from play.com + free P+P
Fri 01/10/04 at 10:26
Regular
finally got around to playing the demo last night while waiting for delivery of the full version. seemed a bit rough however others have said it is a rough cut of the final v., and graphics, controls, etc have apparantly been greatly improved, it's still pretty neat however. the closest game it reminds me of is unreal championship, except greater levels, and of course, has a star wars theme to it.

from the demo alone i'd reccomend it to any star wars fan, and those that aren't, try the demo, you might like it. just cant wait for the full v to come through my letter box along with live, it will be my first venture out into xbox live!
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:14
Regular
"8==="
Silent Thunder wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info. And by reading the other posts it's likely I'll
> be getting this game. :-)

25 quid and it's yours.

[email protected]
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:11
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Savatt78 wrote:
> The multiplayer/co-op on the game is excellent. It adds more
> excitement in that you and a friend can work together in vehicles and
> stuff, so its always cool when you work together to win. ;-)

Thanks for the info. And by reading the other posts it's likely I'll be getting this game. :-)
Thu 30/09/04 at 02:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually I'm not so sure they're invincible. I've managed to take out Darth Vader before and earlier today I took out Mace Windu. I think theres a special way you have to do it though and from what I've seen, I think the key might be to hit them in the back while they're laying face down on the floor.

I'm sure I took out Vader with a normal trooper after he was caught by a blast. While he was on the floor I kept firing and he didn't get up. A few seconds later he disappeared and left an ammo container.
With Windu, I wasn't trying to kill him cause I just took the Vader thing as some weird fluke. I was basically just firing at him to stop him kicking my troops in. I was in an AAT (the CIS tank) and I blasted him with a couple of shots. He hit the floor for a moment and thats when I just unloaded a bunch of shots at him.

Just like before with Vader, he disappeared and I didn't see him for the rest of the level, so either he was gone with that one life, or he respawned somewhere and managed to avoid me.
Wed 29/09/04 at 20:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You can have AI Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker etc.

It's rubbish, because they are 1) AI, and 2) Invincible.
Wed 29/09/04 at 17:17
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> heros off

Heroes?
Wed 29/09/04 at 09:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Look, just search for a no bot game, heros off, dedicated if you
> want.
>
> Then, click on a game until you get one without 'Network conditions',
> and you're off. Invite some friends and have a blast.
>
> It's terrific.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.