GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shoot the Writers"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/11/05 at 22:45
Regular
"not dead"
For all who wish to see me, and my comedy 'talents' on ITV1, it's this Thursday night, (the 17th) 00:25 (technically Friday). Shoot the Writers. Set the video now.

Afterwards, please vote for me. ;o)
Thu 17/11/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Heh, I'll tape it I think.
Thu 17/11/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Catch it!"
Oh wahooo Children in need on tonight too.
Thu 17/11/05 at 10:07
Regular
"not dead"
It's tonight!!1!
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:00
Regular
"0228"
Having never seen Anglia Soccer Night I couldn't really say. I'm sure they're just as bad as each other though.
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
Saw some of shoot the writers the other day thought it was good. What is your one about?
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:43
Regular
"not dead"
How does it compare with Anglia Soccer Night?
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:21
Regular
"0228"
00:25, eh? So that means I have to sit through Central Soccer Night first? Nooooooo!
Tue 15/11/05 at 16:34
Regular
"not dead"
Ah Writewords, my other online hiding place.

Shoot the Writers is a low budget ITV1 sketch show produced by Tony Hart's former caretaker Mr Bennett.

Last series they used three hundred different writers, and I had a few sketches appear.

This year they cut that down to 60, and asked each writer to send them a video intro.

I shot mine by the cannon near Ely cathedral, and made a fantastic gag, which I'm willing to bet that they cut.

So then four of my sketches appear. Smutty ones too, that lower the tone.

At the end of the show a vote opens, with the winner going through to the semi-finals.

Winner in the finals gets membership to the Writer's Guild, and an introduction to a literary agent.

If I get this far I have a comedy sketch show pilot to show him finished already, I'm working on a sitcom pilot (first draft complete, plus ideas for future episodes/ series) I might have enough of my comedy footballing novel completed too.

I've just got to do all I can to let people know, so that they can vote for me.

As such, I've just had a photographer shoot me for the local paper. Should go out tomorrow, then everyone will see me, and know it's on.
Tue 15/11/05 at 11:21
Regular
I do a Google search for it, scroll a few matches down, and I see our beloved Meka's name (which I recognise because of Fantasy Football, not because I'm stalking him) on some Writewords article.

[URL]http://www.writewords.org.uk/news/713.asp[/URL]

Video intro, eh? Wear a sharp suit and knock 'em dead, kid.
Tue 15/11/05 at 10:40
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Never seen it. Don't know what it is. But I'll be watching.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.