GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back from Thailand"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/11/05 at 21:17
Regular
"That's right!"
And Preston. No offence to anyone living there but, well, even Mr T couldn't pity you enough. Spent two weeks there for work, what a depressing place.

So to make me feel better when I got back to Newcastle I went to Thailand for two weeks. Flying out was myself, Fos, Wal's brother Mark and his bird. Wal was joining us a few days later (he took so much time deciding whether he was going to go or not that we booked up without him, then he ran around trying to get a flight so ended up going later and leaving earlier)

I'll post photos if there's a demand for pictures of myself and my BEANO character mates getting drunk on 6.4% beer and trying to chat up ladies but to sum up -

Got very drunk, had a lot of encounters with the ladies (and fought off some lady boys... scary) got back Monday, don't go back to work until next Monday (a week to recover is always a good idea after 16 days of alcohol abuse, but I can say that the Thai beer [beer chang, they sponsor Everton] is so good I didn't have one single hangover) and I've already booked my appointment at the clap clinic (well, at least I managed to protect my investment 50% of the time...)

Fantastic holiday, we're already planning our next trip.
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
J Nash wrote:

> Indeed, there aren't even any good curry houses, utter woe.

I had quite a good curry in Preston when I visited an old Uni mate who lived there. Can't remember for the life of me what it was called or where it even was as I was hammered at the time.
Sat 12/11/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
J Nash wrote:
> Indeed, there aren't even any good curry houses, utter woe.

?!?!?!?! Hell on Earth.......
Sat 12/11/05 at 13:32
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> And Preston. No offence to anyone living there but, well, even Mr T
> couldn't pity you enough. Spent two weeks there for work, what a
> depressing place.

Indeed, there aren't even any good curry houses, utter woe.
Sat 12/11/05 at 12:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
GingerD wrote:
> Good to have you back! Sounds like a right laugh! I was once told that
> in China, you can get a large bottle of Bud for no less than
> 30p!
>
> Thinking of taking my gap year in the far east, worth it would you
> say?

For beer at that price I'd say go for it!
Sat 12/11/05 at 09:52
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
You didnt eat no chicken did you?? Or meat.... it could have been contaminated with bird-flu!!! :D

That part of the world is supposed to be filled with beautifull women, see any? I doubt it! :D
Fri 11/11/05 at 23:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Cycloon wrote:
> there's more to it than MoJo drinking ;)

---------

I demand proof.

After a diet of one meal a day (usually rice or cheese burgers) I probably lost a fair bit of weight (last time I lost about a stone) but the batteries are dead in the scales here so I don't know how much (and I've been eating non-stop since I got back)

I was gonna get my hair done blonde while I was there, come back and shock people, but I lost my bottle when I got to the salon (yes, I asked my mate's lass to take me to a barber and she took me to a salon full of Thailand's gayest non-lady boys)

I didn't play as much connect 4 as I did the first time, the first time I played it so much I saw it in my sleep. Instead this year I had an amazing dream involving He-Man, Skeletor, Superman, Darth Vader, storm troopers and Transformers - and I was He-Man, battling Skeletor and Vader.

Apart from dreams about "that girl from work" I dare you to find a better dream than that! It was an 80s kid's, well, dream!
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thailand is fun...just there's more to it than MoJo drinking ;)

and the 'East' isn't just Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, oh yeah, and Fiji, as 99% of all people at Uni seem to deem seeing as that's where they went. Go off the path a bit ^^

I've been to Krabi....uber nice.
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:28
Regular
"That's right!"
A year might be a bit much, you might go odd but if you do go you could easily spend a couple of months travelling Thailand.

On average a bottle of Chang costs about 50-60 baht, that's less than a quid. Of course if you're buying drinks for the girls it's 150 baht, so they always get you in the end (damn Bacardi)
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:20
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Good to have you back! Sounds like a right laugh! I was once told that in China, you can get a large bottle of Bud for no less than 30p!

Thinking of taking my gap year in the far east, worth it would you say?
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:17
Regular
"That's right!"
And Preston. No offence to anyone living there but, well, even Mr T couldn't pity you enough. Spent two weeks there for work, what a depressing place.

So to make me feel better when I got back to Newcastle I went to Thailand for two weeks. Flying out was myself, Fos, Wal's brother Mark and his bird. Wal was joining us a few days later (he took so much time deciding whether he was going to go or not that we booked up without him, then he ran around trying to get a flight so ended up going later and leaving earlier)

I'll post photos if there's a demand for pictures of myself and my BEANO character mates getting drunk on 6.4% beer and trying to chat up ladies but to sum up -

Got very drunk, had a lot of encounters with the ladies (and fought off some lady boys... scary) got back Monday, don't go back to work until next Monday (a week to recover is always a good idea after 16 days of alcohol abuse, but I can say that the Thai beer [beer chang, they sponsor Everton] is so good I didn't have one single hangover) and I've already booked my appointment at the clap clinic (well, at least I managed to protect my investment 50% of the time...)

Fantastic holiday, we're already planning our next trip.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.