GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RAVERAVERAVERAVE!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/05 at 17:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
Fri 11th Nov 05
9:30p.m. - 6:00a.m.

Room One
THE SCRATCH PERVERT BEATDOWN:
Scratch Perverts feat. Dynamite MC
Dizzee Rascal presents
Dirtee Stank (Klass-A, Newham Generals, D Double E)
DJ Craze
DJ Kentaro
Sway (live)
DJ Semtex
The Mixologists

Room Two
Scratch Perverts & DJ Craze (D N B set)
Roni Size
Andy C
DJ Hype
Baron
Subfocus
MCs:
SP:MC
AD
2Shy

Room Three
Roni Size (hip hop set)
Joe Ransom
Skitz & Rodney P
DJ Blakey
Wooze
Hosted by MC Trip

Oh. My. God.

And I'm going :)
Sat 12/11/05 at 17:14
"slightlyshortertagl"
Cheers.
Sat 12/11/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Kaiserfan"
Rave sucks
Sat 12/11/05 at 09:15
"slightlyshortertagl"
Incidentally, that's 8 hours of rave, off 2 cans of red bull.
Sat 12/11/05 at 09:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
Having got back approximately an hour and a half ago, I'm quite dead.

Since then I showered, got dressed for school, and had breakfast. All while I seem to have the most amazingly painful pain in my knees.

The Scratch Pervs are actually amazing. I've seen them.... 4 times now, and each time they impress me more and more. Personally, I'm not a fan of Hip-Hop DJs in general, so their Hip-Hop set was spent trying to stand around trying to look threatening, waiting for the Rock/DnB segment to kick in. Dropping Seven Nation Army and SLTS in the same set was absolutely mental, and things kicked off properly when they played Song 2(wierd choice, but was pretty damn cool), Firestarter, Torpedo, Twist 'em out... Banger, after banger, after banger.

Incidentally, I got chatting to Subfocus, who used to go to my school. Cool dude, kept on bumping into various Scratch Pervs wherever I went, and got talking to Sway/Bigz/Pyrelli (if you know who they are). Yeah, I've seen The Freestylers DJ set before, and they absolutely blow the fooking place up.

The whole Dirtee Stank thing was a relative joke, but then again I wasn't there. To be honest, I think it was quite ridiculous that they'd had 'Dirtee Stank' in for between 11 and 2, and expected people to hang around all that time because they waned to see one MC (I wanted to see D Double E, but couldn't be fooked to. So I raved to Subfocus DJing instead).

I still haven't slept, so my eyes are currently stupidly heavy. But I need to stay up, or else I'll sleep, and sleep till something stupid like 5. And I have an economics lesson at 10:25, I think.

Argh, need to keep myself awake for another hour and a half, with feckall to do :(
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:28
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Just off out in abit to see CJ Bolland and Jon Carter, should be fun.

Yer i went to the Dirtee stank recordings launch. (4th Nov)

Dizzee was kool. But the night was held up by EVIL 9, crazy stuff!

Saw the Perverts (w/ Dynamite) on 19th of oct, with fab/groove, Zinc (w/ Jenna G) , Friction, Pendulum, Calibre. But in Room 2 we had Grandmaster Flash! Jeru the Damaja. Then Room 3 with The Freestylers (awesome set) with Dj Deekline backing up.

Was a good nite too, week later it was Andy C, not bad nite, nowt special.

Then i got an all nighter with Dillinja and Mampi Swift on Saturday, which shall be fun!

Then Squarepusher, Luke Vibert, Sunday nite, and X-press 2 sometime next week with DJ Sway.

If scratch do the same kinda thing for you, keep an eye out for Tony Vegas (probly wearing a gay hat) on a live sampler loaded with drum samples, so crazy and fast, as was the scratching and cutting. Will be a good nite chap!
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:48
"slightlyshortertagl"
2 hours....
Fri 11/11/05 at 01:35
Regular
Niddle wrote:
> Who, out of interest?

Dizzee Rascal
The Mixologists
Thu 10/11/05 at 23:34
Regular
Should be a good one! Not sure going to a lesson the following morning would be too much fun though. Anyhoo, off to watch some Long way Round before sleep. Ta-ta.
Thu 10/11/05 at 23:32
"slightlyshortertagl"
heheh, last time I went down to Fabric I was dancing/raving all fecking night.

Now, normally that isn't anything especially special because I had all my 'normal' breaks, but considering I did it off a single Red Bull, and 2 bottles of water. I was fooking impressed. :)

Room 1 will probably be better, I've seen Craze before and he blows the roof, so does Kentaro, and the Scratch Pervs. Amazing.
Thu 10/11/05 at 23:28
Regular
Looking at that list, Room 2 sounds the best bet. That Roni Size, Andy C, DJ Hype triple combo would be something special.

I'll dust off my old adidas vest and whistle one day, not sure if I'll have the stamina to dance all night anymore though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.