GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Internet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/11/05 at 16:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
How would you survive if you had the Internet taken away from you? It doesn't seem like much but it's been absolute murder for me.

When I'm not out at night I just find myself sitting around watching tv and doing nothing. It's so depressingly boring. Maybe I'll install Red Alert 2 or Worms on my laptop, that'll give me something to do for a while.

I payed for 3 months Warcraft subscription before going back to Uni and I can't play it at all. I played it every day before I came back here, I was addicted. I haven't played it in 5 weeks now and it's like I've lost a leg or something, it's horrible! I got over it but I still want to play it again, I'm at lv59 and I had to stop. It's horrible!

There's just so much on the Internet, it's quite amazing. I used to talk to loads of people on MSN all the time but I only get an hour a day at uni if I'm lucky, I hardly talk to anyone. Talking to people in real life is great, but MSN is just amazing when you're bored. Even the most boring subject can be talked about for hours!

I sent 215 text messages in 10 days because of my lack of Internet too, I've had to cut down massively or I'd use up my 500 messages in no time!

It does have it's up sides though, I no longer sit playing games until 2 in the morning and I actually got to meet one of the 'randomers' on my MSN list. I've been talking absolutely loads to her for the past year and decided to give her my mobile number before going back to uni. She's in the same city as me and I met her on a night out. After worrying as to whether it really was a 40 year old 'peedo' I was quite happy to find that it wasn't, and I've got an amazing mate out of it too.

NTL can't install Internet at our house because they're crap, so I gotta get a BT line installed which involves a lot of effort. Then I gotta get broadband sorted with Pipex or someone. It's all annoying.

So make the most of your Internet, because one day it will be gone and you'll realise that you never had the chance to say goodbye.
Mon 07/11/05 at 14:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When I moved house I lost the internet for about a month and was lost without it. What did I do before it!?
Mon 07/11/05 at 14:22
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
Ever since I lost the internet I've been doing a lot more drugs, which I think is a bad thing, oh yeah, and I've run a big phone bill the last few months talking to people that I've met online and those people that only live in the next town.
Mon 07/11/05 at 14:14
Regular
"..."
phi11ip wrote:
> So make the most of your Internet, because one day it will be gone
> and you'll realise that you never had the chance to say goodbye.

Heh, wait until you start working in a full-time job and have to cram your internet and computer gaming time into two hours every night (nowhere near enough for Football Manager on it's own)
Mon 07/11/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Xzibit wrote:
> Good lucky for playing that! EA have stopped the servers running on
> most games, C&C tiberian sun has gone damn it...stupid EA

WHAT!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!!??!?!?!

Cookie monster!!!!! Have you seen this!?! We used to have so much fun back in the day and now it's gone forever! :c(
Sat 05/11/05 at 13:04
Regular
"~DPG~"
The Wardy wrote:
> Cor...havent played Red Alert 2 for aaaaaaages. Might go and have a
> go on it now. I'll be daring and go against a brutal enemy even
> though i havent played for about 2/3 years!
>
> Also, Dirty Tricks is wicked :)

Good lucky for playing that! EA have stopped the servers running on most games, C&C tiberian sun has gone damn it...stupid EA
Fri 04/11/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Cor...havent played Red Alert 2 for aaaaaaages. Might go and have a go on it now. I'll be daring and go against a brutal enemy even though i havent played for about 2/3 years!

Also, Dirty Tricks is wicked :)
Fri 04/11/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The fact that I'm sat in Uni at 5pm on a Friday night doing nothing but chatting to people on MSN? The fact that when I go home I'll have nothing to do.

:c(

I'll make some food and watch TV, wooo...

It wasn't so bad last Friday actually, Dirty Tricks was quite amusing and Rock School is amazing.
Fri 04/11/05 at 16:59
Regular
"....."
This brings a tear to my eye.
Fri 04/11/05 at 16:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
How would you survive if you had the Internet taken away from you? It doesn't seem like much but it's been absolute murder for me.

When I'm not out at night I just find myself sitting around watching tv and doing nothing. It's so depressingly boring. Maybe I'll install Red Alert 2 or Worms on my laptop, that'll give me something to do for a while.

I payed for 3 months Warcraft subscription before going back to Uni and I can't play it at all. I played it every day before I came back here, I was addicted. I haven't played it in 5 weeks now and it's like I've lost a leg or something, it's horrible! I got over it but I still want to play it again, I'm at lv59 and I had to stop. It's horrible!

There's just so much on the Internet, it's quite amazing. I used to talk to loads of people on MSN all the time but I only get an hour a day at uni if I'm lucky, I hardly talk to anyone. Talking to people in real life is great, but MSN is just amazing when you're bored. Even the most boring subject can be talked about for hours!

I sent 215 text messages in 10 days because of my lack of Internet too, I've had to cut down massively or I'd use up my 500 messages in no time!

It does have it's up sides though, I no longer sit playing games until 2 in the morning and I actually got to meet one of the 'randomers' on my MSN list. I've been talking absolutely loads to her for the past year and decided to give her my mobile number before going back to uni. She's in the same city as me and I met her on a night out. After worrying as to whether it really was a 40 year old 'peedo' I was quite happy to find that it wasn't, and I've got an amazing mate out of it too.

NTL can't install Internet at our house because they're crap, so I gotta get a BT line installed which involves a lot of effort. Then I gotta get broadband sorted with Pipex or someone. It's all annoying.

So make the most of your Internet, because one day it will be gone and you'll realise that you never had the chance to say goodbye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.