GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Club or Country?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/11/05 at 11:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4406384.stm[/URL]

What do you think club or country? I'd go for country as players work hard to have the honour so few people get of representing their country and whiners like Ferguson try and block them from doing so.

I'd rather have England win something than my club but being a Forest Fan it's unlikely they'll win anything again soon. Not even the LDV Van's trophy.

It'll be interesting to see the line up for the Argentina game.
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Club and it would be the Managers choice everytime over Country if they had the option. In the article he mentions Chelsea and Arsenal will pull players and, from the position he is in, he cannot afford to let his best player go - due to injuries he cannot let the other three go either. You cannot blame him for how he feels.

As a supporter I have no opinion over my team players playing for their Country. That is, of course, until they get injured in said match and taken out of playing club football for a month.
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Stryke wrote:
> You have to understand the club viewpoint. Look at Aston Villa. Paid
> (for them) an absolutely wad of money for Baros, who immediately
> starts to plays well, gets injured. Villa start a rehab program. Gets
> called up for a Czech Republic match even though he's not fit, gets a
> pain-killing injection which screws him over and plays 90 minutes.
> O'Leary and his weasel-face are angry, for which you can't blame him.

Not at all I think if a player is not fit for a match the club have every right to block them from playing even if the countries physio says he is. At the end of the day the player is an asset to the club and the clubs are quite right to protect their assets as long as they don't use it as an excuse just for them not to play internationals.
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:26
Regular
I'd go with club for a friendly match.

You all know how stupidly pointless England friendlys are.

"I know, let's play an England friendly however instead of playing the world cup 11 for 90 minutes to give them the preparation they need, we'll play all the young hopefulls who have never got a chance of getting in the world cup 11 anyway, even if they impress!"
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:07
Regular
"You have a choice"
Club.

Of ocurse I support my country when the world cup comes around, but I don't think there's any point jeapordizing a clubs cahnces at a league title just for a friendly match.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:58
Regular
Alan Smith has the same view as me.

"Everybody has to realise Alan Smith getting to the World Cup comes second to Manchester United trying to win The Premiership."

Neither of them will happen mind....
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:15
Regular
You have to understand the club viewpoint. Look at Aston Villa. Paid (for them) an absolutely wad of money for Baros, who immediately starts to plays well, gets injured. Villa start a rehab program. Gets called up for a Czech Republic match even though he's not fit, gets a pain-killing injection which screws him over and plays 90 minutes. O'Leary and his weasel-face are angry, for which you can't blame him.

On the other hand, pretty much every big player probably cares more about their country - why wouldn't you? Obvious examples are people who play for desperately poor countries, like Gudjohnsen or Shevchenko.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Country, as s**t's supposed to be the biggest thing you can do in a sport.

Tough s*s**t mr money bags Premiership club, you're not the only thing football is about.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Club everytime. I'd prefer Liverpool to win the Carling Cup than my country win anything.
Fri 04/11/05 at 11:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4406384.stm[/URL]

What do you think club or country? I'd go for country as players work hard to have the honour so few people get of representing their country and whiners like Ferguson try and block them from doing so.

I'd rather have England win something than my club but being a Forest Fan it's unlikely they'll win anything again soon. Not even the LDV Van's trophy.

It'll be interesting to see the line up for the Argentina game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.