GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broken News"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/10/05 at 21:49
Regular
Oh dear.
Tue 01/11/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Is this cool?
Is this cool?
Is that cool?
Is this cool?
What about him? Is he cool?
Was that cool?
Is this cool?
Am I cool?
How about now? Am I cool now?
IS THIS COOL?
AM I COOL NOW?
AM I COOL?"
Tue 01/11/05 at 13:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"It'll simply say 'John Major punched the Queen'. The rest of history will be a footnote."
Tue 01/11/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Can you sum it up in a word?"
"Umm no"
"A sound?"
"rauhnmgh"
"Thanks Alan"
Tue 01/11/05 at 13:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Tried to be The Day Today.

Tried too hard.

Still had the odd moment that raised a smile (the two fat blokes wrestling in a fishmongers was a particularly pleasing image), but not that good overall.
Tue 01/11/05 at 12:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was rubbish.

The only bit I laughed a bit at was the American presenter " Not a bad way to go, having a banana laughing to death, beats the hell out of beng killed by a slab of frozen urine ".

Just as well I have The Day Today and Brass Eye with me, shame it is a few years old now.
Tue 01/11/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's a poor imitation of The Day Today, which was a superb imitation of Not The 9 O'Clock News.

For anyone that hasn't seen The Day Today, or Brasseye, go and rent/buy it, then compare to Broken News. You'll find out where they stole the frozen urine story (I mean...what the hell...the writers had watched tv before I assume, it was blatant!), and an early appearance from Alan Partridge. You'll never watch the news in the same way, basically.

"Peter, you're lying in a news grave. Do you know what the headstone says?"
"News?"
"Thank you, Peter"

"I hate Sebastian Coe!"

Then go and buy Jam, Jaaaaaam, and Nathan Barley. Also, Screenburn by Charlie Brooker. Then I'll be friends with you.
Tue 01/11/05 at 11:36
Regular
"Huh?"
Really crap show. Too many actors, too much technology, not enough talent. This should have been good. Is news beyond parody now though? Some of it could be spoofed, if you look at sky news long enough on a slow news day they really get into the 'I don't want to speculate on what hasn't happened yet but what do think...' kind of mode.
Tue 01/11/05 at 11:11
Regular
"I like beef"
I know, I posted the same message twice.

*Braces himself*
Tue 01/11/05 at 11:10
Regular
"I like beef"
Awful...

*Bursts into tears*
Tue 01/11/05 at 11:10
Regular
"I like beef"
Awful.

*Bursts into tears*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.