GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aston Villa Glory!!! - Takeover"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/10/05 at 15:00
Regular
"Baros!!!"
[URL]http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/HeadlinesDetail/0,,10265~734485,00.html[/URL]

Good news for all Villa fans then. A minumum of 20 Million to spend every season means we can compete with the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United for the top players in Europe.

Don't think we'll be as big as Chelsea, but we can surely make the top 4 with that kind of money.

Not keen on the article underneath... Kewell a target in the January transfer window. Not too keen on Kewell. He was good at Leeds, but he isn't consistent enough for Liverpool. He has his good days and his very bad days.
Tue 01/11/05 at 16:59
I doubt you'll get Huth... Mourinho loves him
Tue 01/11/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Baros!!!"
So we might not get the top players in Europe, but we surely get players who could make us a top 4 team. Baros is a starter.

I'm just hoping we get Huth in the January transfer window as out defence is a mess at the moment. Would also like to see us after Distin again, as he looked good last night.
Tue 01/11/05 at 16:29
Regular
Who wouldn't want to play with Gareth Barry?

No-one, that's who.
Tue 01/11/05 at 13:25
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
At least you won't have to put up with that idiot Doug Ellis anymore!
Tue 01/11/05 at 06:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Foreman wrote:
> Good news for all Villa fans then. A minumum of 20 Million to spend
> every season means we can compete with the likes of Liverpool,
> Arsenal and Man United for the top players in Europe.

Haha......no. You'll need to offer a good chunk of that 20 million in wages as well over a certain number of years before they even consider joining your lot over an Arsenal or Man United
Mon 31/10/05 at 09:09
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Blank wrote:
> £20 million pounds should be enough to tempt a decent manager.
> That's what you need.

Agreed, I don't rate O'Leary one bit.
Mon 31/10/05 at 04:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Me too and I agree with Blank.

So you have the money, but you still wont have the punch of rep that Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool have.
Mon 31/10/05 at 02:17
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> I refuse to register to Aston Villa.com

You and me both!
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
£20 million pounds should be enough to tempt a decent manager. That's what you need. You have Baros, Phillips, Angel, Bouma, Berger, etc., lots of decent players, and should be doing a lot better with those players than you are. ie, not losing to two newly promoted teams.

And competing with Man United and Arsenal for players? I doubt it. Maybe in terms of money, but you really think players are going to choose a mid-table team based near Birmingham with a horrible kit when they can play for one of the best (historically) teams in the world? I think not.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:21
Regular
"es argh"
I doubt villa will make the top 4 within the next few years. Wise spending then who knows, but I doubt it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.