GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"24."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/10/05 at 13:14
Regular
Just finished watching Season 4 last night, and have begged and borrowed and seen all four since the beginning of the year. I have to say that I think it is one of the best programmes I have seen.

I think that series 3 was perhaps the best, with 2 being the weakest - but even then it is still very good.

The best bad guy has to be Ira Gaines from the first series. The character was great and the actor well matched to the part. Just seeing him sitting at his computer made him look evil - I have no idea who the bloke was who played him, but I intend to find out and see some of the other stuff he's in.

Anyway, roll on season 5. I may have to get Sky just to watch it...
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:02
Regular
"8==="
I thought number one was the best because the formula was fresh and it was the least predictable.
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:54
Regular
"I agree, 4 did seem a bit much. 5 sounds as though it's going to go back to basics - it's a lot more personal against Jack, a lot more like series 1."

Damn right. The premise sounds awesome, and it could very well be the best season yet (although the first two are a had act to follow).

"I hope Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) comes back she's great."

No, just no. I'm quite happy not having her in it. Seasons 1 & 2 involved her getting into trouble all the damn time, and Season 3 she had that ridiculous storyline about half-way through.

"I guess Season 5 will start in January or February on Sky One."

Yup, should be late January.

"And I thought Jack wasn't going to be in this series?"

The series is nothing without Jack Bauer, so thankfully, that isn't true.

"The end of 4 was totally retarded though; Marwan falls over, missile stopped!!! Waited 23 episodes for that "showdown"."

Couldn't agree more. Oh, and the effects of Marwan's falling were absolutely horrible. It could've only been worse if he had a clown face. And yes, the wrapping up of the missile storyline was far too quick, almost like it was tacked on.

"Also, in series three there has to be the best hour of television ever. I think it was the 6am -7am episode. Anyway, I'm sure those that have seen it will know what I mean without me saying any more :-)"

Episode 18? That was legendary. That and 10-11pm (Episode 15 I think) of Season 2 are among the best episodes of television ever made.

Anyway, I really hope Season 5 is back to the form. The last two seasons have been missing the consistent quality of the first two seasons. They've got Sean Astin onboard, so I hope they'l cook up something great.
Wed 12/10/05 at 15:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I really like 24. One of the few 'must watch' programmes on TV for me.

I've commented on this before but having watched all the seasons, and I think it's noticeable on any programme that has been running for a number of seasons, is the difference in feel between season 1 and season 4. Season 1 had a great feel to it, season 4 not so much.

Having said that though, there has been a number of brilliant moments in the seasons of 24. Hopefully it wiil continue.
Wed 12/10/05 at 12:25
Regular
"BOSE"
Yes, 24 is the coolest thing/drama on tv people!

I got season 1-3 for £18 each when Play had them on offer- what a steal! Paid normal price for 4. Well looking forward to seeing what Jack is up to in season 5. It's gonna be really smart I know it :-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I saw series four while i was on holiday in the states, they had a 24 marathon over 2 days and i have to say i was utterly gripped. Ive still got to watch series 3 but my brother got the box set, i'll just have to find the time to sit down and savour it.
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:24
Regular
I think it's actually bad that I've seen all for series so close together, as now that I think about it, it's hard to distinguish the series' apart.

There's only one thing that really stands out to me about series 2. I won't say what it is in case no ones seen it. Whereas there are more things about the others that I remember.

Also, in series three there has to be the best hour of television ever. I think it was the 6am -7am episode. Anyway, I'm sure those that have seen it will know what I mean without me saying any more :-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:02
Regular
"not dead"
Your Honour wrote:
> Ok Meka, no more spoilers from me.
>

I don't think what you wrote was that much of a spoiler, but you did suggest you knew more, and that's about as much as I want to know.

I'm awful when I know the info is there to see. How I've stayed out of the 'Lost' thread that's in season 2, I don't know!
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:50
Regular
"\\"
Your Honour wrote:
> Ok Meka, no more spoilers from me.
>
> I enjoyed 3 as I thought that it had the most number of episodes with
> cliffhanger endings. Although 4 was good for that.

Oh but about 5 of the eipisodes were the most dull 5 hours you could put yourself through. Meaning it was spoiled for me.

And it goes 2>1>4>3
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:35
Regular
Ok Meka, no more spoilers from me.

I enjoyed 3 as I thought that it had the most number of episodes with cliffhanger endings. Although 4 was good for that.

I can't remember what I didn't like quite so much about 2 to be honest. But I'm sure there was something.
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:29
So you're doing the "24 in quality order" thing? Then: 4>2>1>3

The end of 4 was totally retarded though; Marwan falls over, missile stopped!!! Waited 23 episodes for that "showdown".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.