GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A guitar, perhaps?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The nineteenth birthday is steadily approaching...

*shudders at the thought of aging*

...and I haven't got a clue what I want. However, I've expressed some interest lately in wanting to maybe take up an instrument, perhaps guitar. I'm assuming you're never too old to learn to play, but I get images of me quitting through frustration at being potentially awful at it. I suppose I'm just wondering whether it's worth me requesting one for my birthday, or am I thinking too rashly because I haven't thought of anything for anybody to get me, with it being just ten days away?
Sun 16/10/05 at 18:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
True, but to actually learn it sounds pretty difficult, what with the sucking & blowing (hur hur) / 2 notes per hole malarky.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:50
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Harmonica isn't that hard just to jam with because you can't play out of key (if you have a harmonica in the right key obviously)
Fri 14/10/05 at 19:41
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Found tab for Losing My Religion. Loads of tab on mandolincafe.com.

Excellent. Will definitely be looking into this when I actually get my act together and get a job. Looks easier than harmonica (although that would simply be cool), especially with my geetarism. Cheers, Moulsy.
Fri 14/10/05 at 18:16
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Found tab for Losing My Religion. Loads of tab on mandolincafe.com.
Fri 14/10/05 at 08:09
Regular
"\\"
The Hibernator wrote:
> Okay, here's the scar on my right wrist...
>
> [URL]http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/4198/scar3gj.jpg[/URL]
>
> So, now I just need a guitar?

Bahahaha. Then you could dye your hair back and join an emo band.
Thu 13/10/05 at 20:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nice. What I meant was how're you finding the music? Tabs on t'internet or what?
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

> Already have an electric tuner - tone dumbness meant that tuning it
> when I first started playing was an incredibly frustrating
> experience, got a lot better since then though (still pretty
> poor), can ever sing in tune with a few things now :-D.
>
> How much it cost? And how're you learning? I wanna play the Mandolin
> part in St. Robinson... :-D

£40, including delivery (ebay). So it's a bit crap, but it plays alright. I think. Strings have a bit of a buzz, but I think that's just a case of adjusting the strings. It's coming travelling with me, so I didn't want anything fancy because it's probably not coming back. I'm teaching myself (because I'm poor). I just about learnt 'Losing My Religion' by REM today, can't play it well but it's just about there. Need a pick really. I can't find Crows mandolin stuff anywhere, been wanting to learn Omaha (but I know that has a really hard bit in the middle - 'slides through the shutters down into the cold room', round about there).

It's not too hard if you already play guitar, just got to get used to smaller strings and different tuning.
Wed 12/10/05 at 18:21
Regular
"For One Night Only"
But the scar works for you?
Wed 12/10/05 at 18:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Hibernator wrote:
> So, now I just need a guitar?

Close, but no emo.
Wed 12/10/05 at 18:15
Regular
"For One Night Only"
monkey_man wrote:
> Meanwhile, back on topic...
>
> Guitars are cool. So are scars. Get one of each, and the World is
> yours.

Okay, here's the scar on my right wrist...

[URL]http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/4198/scar3gj.jpg[/URL]

So, now I just need a guitar?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.