GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baten Kaitos 2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/09/05 at 18:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh yeah baby, that's right. The sequel to one of my favourite games of the year an one of my favourite RPGs is coming out in Japan in December, apparently.

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/650/650871p1.html\[/URL]

It's set 20 years BEFORE the first game, which should be interesting. The reason it's out so quick is that they're apparently reusing some of the same areas from the first game (it's set in the same world, you see), although they'll be slightly different and with alternate paths to take and places to visit. So basically that means that the 5 or so contries are the same but the actual areas and dungeons and that are different. Hopefully they've sorted out the voice acting and are putting in some proper cutscenes. Anyhow, I'll keep my eyes out for any updates.

In other news, Battalion Wars is apparently great, with a well worked mix of tactical command and shooty shooty action: [URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/650/650932p1.html[/URL]

And Prince of Persia has a new name, The Two Thrones.
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:08
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
suxz that battalion wars aint released here first, i heard it was a uk developer. and im waiting for a PAL release before getting excited about BK2. monolith's other RPG series never made it here, and there r just too many RPG's at the moment, and such little time.
Wed 21/09/05 at 22:18
Regular
BK is awesome, this is good news indeed.
Wed 21/09/05 at 21:48
"The Will of D."
Yeah i remember that fight, you got to take out the annoying blue haired guy Falon first, then the crazy bunny kick lady (she has weakest attack out of the 3 so its best not to protect against those hits as its a waste of good armour) and then Giacomo himself.

I was well pleased that later on I beat them twice in a row in the mountain cabin (oh yes you fight them one last time TWICE in a row) but the first fight I remember the woman had crap attack power and Falon stronger, then in the second it was the other way round and Giacomo was the weakest and Falon stronger, weird shift of character stats there.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
awww
yeah fighting those three can be hard - my advice is to use Kalos, Gibari and Xhela, but stock one of them (Gibari perhaps) up with lots of good healing items, and use his turn to heal anyone who's hurt. Go for the guy on the right first, because he can cause some serious damage, then take out the girl on the left, and then go for the guy in the middle. If you can, try and take out the other two in one or two goes, because the big guy heals them if you give him a chance.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:45
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah the music rules :)

Erm, I'm at the 3 on 3 battle in the airship. I forgotten their names, but the one in the middle has 2 turns and it's EXTREMELY annoying. And hard. Tried FAQ's, and they recommended Xelha, but she's seriously lacking in HP, and whenever I want something to heal me, it's never there at that time!

Anyways, the game is superb. Although I absolutely despised the characters at first, over hours and hours of time, you eventually grow to appreciate them. It's so cosy too - you remember the 'Confectionary Village?'

Awwwww! :D
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I finished it ages ago. I got it on release. It's not that hard if you keep at it, you've gotta be super quick, make sure you've got a really good deck of cards and use the right characters. I'm notsure exactly which battle you're stuck on, is it a boss? They get much harder towards the end. Anyone remember the water and fire lions in the tower? Man they were tricky.

Just keep at it, the game just keeps getting better as you go on.

From the IGN video, it looks like there are more real cutscenes and less people standing still and talking, occasionally moving around or whatnot, which is always good. I hope the music is to the same standard, because it really was some of the best in any game ever.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:26
Regular
"Divine Davine"
It looks very similar so far, but if its anything like the original, then I'm gonna be a very happy chappy :) I want a T.O.S Gamecube sequel though...

The Gamecube has been blessed with decent games in the US right now - Mario Baseball, DOR 2 and Battalion Wars all fill the void nicely, so that's pretty good news for them. Not us though.

Oh yeah gerrid, have you finished Baten Kaitos? I've stopped - it's gotten way too hard! The battle on Geldoblame's airship on disc 2 - man, it's horrible.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:07
"The Will of D."
OMFG!!!!! I can't F***ing wait!
BTW you need this link: [URL]http://cube.ign.com/objects/772/772298.html[/URL]

Although, they could have taken this in the opposite direction and set it 20 years after the original game, it's a new world to explore, never before seen dungeons and stuff, it could have worked well. Perhaps they could do this for Baten Kaitos 3.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh yeah baby, that's right. The sequel to one of my favourite games of the year an one of my favourite RPGs is coming out in Japan in December, apparently.

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/650/650871p1.html\[/URL]

It's set 20 years BEFORE the first game, which should be interesting. The reason it's out so quick is that they're apparently reusing some of the same areas from the first game (it's set in the same world, you see), although they'll be slightly different and with alternate paths to take and places to visit. So basically that means that the 5 or so contries are the same but the actual areas and dungeons and that are different. Hopefully they've sorted out the voice acting and are putting in some proper cutscenes. Anyhow, I'll keep my eyes out for any updates.

In other news, Battalion Wars is apparently great, with a well worked mix of tactical command and shooty shooty action: [URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/650/650932p1.html[/URL]

And Prince of Persia has a new name, The Two Thrones.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.