GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About Opera"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/09/05 at 17:41
It's free now.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:45
I've beem adjusting the thing like crazy (the preferences are more context orientated than FF), and have finally made it sort of like the way I want. The only problems now are the ads that show up in posts now and again, and the lack of scrolling the tab bar. However, it's stability wins me over - since use, it hasn't crashed at all compared to FF's 5 crashes, both loading the same sites.
Thu 22/09/05 at 00:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hmmm, I quite like leaving the internet behind me when I log-off. It's like a horrid smell.
Wed 21/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Quote from The Register:

Opera Software has permanently dropped the inclusion of advertising banners in the free version of its PC browser software. The ad-free, full-featured Opera browser is now available for download here.

The browser was previously available free of charge with an ad banner. Users had the option of paying a licensing fee to remove the ad banner and receive premium support. One to three per cent of users purchased this license and that along with revenue from search engines and the sale of ads made up the three almost equal revenue streams for Opera's PC business. Opera will continue to sell premium support at the reduced price of €24 per year.

"Removing the ad banner and licensing fee will encourage many new users to discover the speed, security and unmatched usability of the Opera browser," said Jon S. von Tetzchner, chief exec of Opera Software.

By giving away its browser without string attached Opera hopes to boost its market share and thereby make more revenue from search engines, an Opera spokesman explained. The firm hopes this extra revenue will more than offset loss of income from licensing over the long term. Opera's PC software business generates roughly half the income of its devices (set-top box and mobile) operation.

Users more familiar with IE or Firefox will find a number of significant differences with Opera that may enhance their browsing experience. Opera's browser lets users start from where their last browsing session ended or to save their entire session. Integrated security features with the browser also put it ahead of the game in defending against phishing attacks. But don't take our word for it: make up your own mind by downloading the latest (version 8.50) of the browser software
Wed 21/09/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
lcarus wrote:
> It's free now.

It isnt free icarus, You use it as a trial version then you will have to buy or enter the serial number, Im using Opera 8.2 Beta (Full Version) and its much better than the older versions and IE6.
Wed 21/09/05 at 19:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
tigamilla wrote:
> Its always been free - no?

Was free if you were happy with adverts, you had to pay to remove them. All they have done now is remove the whole advertising thing.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
tigamilla wrote:
> Does it work properly now?

Nope.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:55
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Does it work properly now? The last version I used used to load pages very quickly over dial up... but the layout was somewhat (pause for effect) different, Im getting slightly sick of Mozillas dodgy connection problems
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
No.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:18
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Its always been free - no?
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I'm not suprised, considering its the only browser that costs, i bet its sales have dropped.
i've never been that impressed with it anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.