GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We Want Your Blood"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:37
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I got a letter yesterday with "WE WANT YOUR BLOOD" Written on it in some sort of kidnapped font. I open the letter and it says stuff like "We Dont Want to Understand You", "We Want Your Blood" and "Bad Things might Happen"

Turns out the letter was about giving blood but it seems to me that for some people who get scared easily the letter could scare them because it was a sort of weird font that you would expect to see on a ransom letter!

Also, the irony...the letter gave me a papercut when i was opening it! The letter talking about giving blood actually made me bleed!
Tue 20/09/05 at 16:21
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Cong_Man wrote:
> The Wardy wrote:
> Did they put you down on the floor and cushion your head and all
> that?
>
> Of course.

The reason i asked is because the 1st time my dad fainted they left him in the chair, and then he came round, then he went out again and she said to put him on the floor.
Tue 20/09/05 at 13:55
Regular
"..."
The Wardy wrote:
> Did they put you down on the floor and cushion your head and all
> that?

Of course.
Mon 19/09/05 at 22:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The only time I had to have blood taken was after a bout of glandular fever when I was 7 - ended up vomiting not because of the blood being taken but because I was screaming so much.

Though the doctor was going to smack me one and I wouldn't have blamed him if he had of done.
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:41
Regular
"\\"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Until then, my needle phobia shall continue (ironically enough I'm
> always fine when I have blood taken, it's when they put stuff in me
> that I get light headed)

Wow. Opposite for me.

I don't mind needles unless they're taking stuff out of me.

Bleeding is fine, but having it sucked out of me is just... wrong.
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:24
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Did they put you down on the floor and cushion your head and all that?

I was so scared when it was happening to my dad though. Was probably only about 30 seconds but it felt like ages.
Mon 19/09/05 at 14:20
Regular
"..."
I passed out after giving blood, but didn't fit though. Happened three times (out of six visits), so they told me not to come back. :-( I enjoyed waking up to find three pretty blonde nurses staring down at me, even if I did think I was dead to start off with...
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
Rai wrote:
> If you were a vampire, couldn't you just bite your own arm and
> 'recycle' the blood?

Isnt it something like Vampires lack a certain component of their own blood hence the reason why they take other peoples? Don't quote me on that, I'm not some gothic/vampire lover-dude...
Sun 18/09/05 at 20:37
Regular
"That's right!"
I considered giving blood recently, but the medication I'm on means I can't (and not for a month after I come off it) and I might be on it a year.

Until then, my needle phobia shall continue (ironically enough I'm always fine when I have blood taken, it's when they put stuff in me that I get light headed)
Sun 18/09/05 at 19:28
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Save Blood - Recycle.
Sun 18/09/05 at 18:16
Regular
Heh, I had that letter come a few weeks ago.

It was pretty lame to be honest, sure it had the 'We want you Blood!' scratched style font messaage on it but you only have to look at the re-postal address to realise what its all about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.