GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shafted, yet again."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 16:17
Regular
Student Loans.

Pretty simple topic, don't you think? You hand a form in, wait a while, get some money then go to your respective place of study and spend it on living. After a few years you pay it back.

Simple.

Not in my case.

I handed my trusty form in weeks before the deadline of July 1st, and continued on my quest to do nothing all summer. Over this period of time, friends mentioned they'd received information on how much they'll be getting and so forth. Still, I carried on waiting, up until last Friday, when it was getting to the point where I hadn't heard a thing from my LEA. This is like, a week before I move into University.

A quick phonecall to the Nottingham Local Education Authority revealed that they had processed my form "months ago" and were just waiting for it to go through to the Student Loans Company for payment.

But..

"There has been a system error"
- "Right? And what are you going to do about it?"
"Try again in a few days time"
- "I'm going to University in about a week."
"Oh"
- "The system sometimes fails. Bye"

At this point I was furious, what the hell are they playing at? If there had been a system error, why hadn't they contacted me to inform me on the situation. A second telephone call on Monday revealed they were still having problems with the system and they would try again on Friday.

I doubt I will be getting my loan until about November/December time.

Shafted, yet again.

EDIT: I can see no point in this thread, but I had to vent somewhere. Hopefully someone on here can mention any similar problems...
Fri 16/09/05 at 19:33
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Same sort of things happened every year when I was at university for all the 4 years I was there. They never got it right and people had to wait until well into the first semester to get their loans/grants.

But like has been said already in an earlier post the University will be aware and should make concessions until it's resolved.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:25
Regular
"Captain to you."
They were giving me free money i wasn't going to argue with them.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:23
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> My first year of uni almost every fresher in the country had their
> loans delayed due to the whole systems stuffing up, no one got theirs
> in the first month.

It's just so frustrating that they just decided to faff about and say nothing, the 'system failure' isn't an excuse, the bug should of been fixed months ago.

Rargh, they make me angry.
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Apparantly I should know by tomorrow.

Perhaps.

Cardiff need to know what's what.
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:29
Regular
My accomodation place waited until my loan was processed before charging, which was nice and understanding of them. If you're staying at University halls then there's a chance they'll understand too.
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Unlucky, I get mine on Monday. BOOYAH!
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
My mum has higher pay than last year, so I don;'t get my EMA this year. She now earns too much for that.

So what?! The money is for me, not her!
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
My first year of uni almost every fresher in the country had their loans delayed due to the whole systems stuffing up, no one got theirs in the first month.

I have never had my loan on time, the key is to have spare money in case it happens ever year. Loan forms get lost, LEA's don't contact you or never receive the forms in the first place.

Expect the same sort of problems every year.
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:17
Regular
Student Loans.

Pretty simple topic, don't you think? You hand a form in, wait a while, get some money then go to your respective place of study and spend it on living. After a few years you pay it back.

Simple.

Not in my case.

I handed my trusty form in weeks before the deadline of July 1st, and continued on my quest to do nothing all summer. Over this period of time, friends mentioned they'd received information on how much they'll be getting and so forth. Still, I carried on waiting, up until last Friday, when it was getting to the point where I hadn't heard a thing from my LEA. This is like, a week before I move into University.

A quick phonecall to the Nottingham Local Education Authority revealed that they had processed my form "months ago" and were just waiting for it to go through to the Student Loans Company for payment.

But..

"There has been a system error"
- "Right? And what are you going to do about it?"
"Try again in a few days time"
- "I'm going to University in about a week."
"Oh"
- "The system sometimes fails. Bye"

At this point I was furious, what the hell are they playing at? If there had been a system error, why hadn't they contacted me to inform me on the situation. A second telephone call on Monday revealed they were still having problems with the system and they would try again on Friday.

I doubt I will be getting my loan until about November/December time.

Shafted, yet again.

EDIT: I can see no point in this thread, but I had to vent somewhere. Hopefully someone on here can mention any similar problems...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.