GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moving "Emotions" Help Please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 01:22
Regular
"BOSE"
Hey guys. Ok, here's the story...

On MSN Messenger (which most people here proberly use) you have emotions that are set, & ones you can save when you see them in the conversation & you can also buy. Basicly, I wanna move My Emotions from our PC to a laptop. I can't seem to find the folder where they're located on the HD. They have to be there though, because everything on the computer that you use takes space, there for it has to be stored on the HD somewhere. For some reason I just can't see it!

Grateful for any help or suggestions you guys have. Thank you!
Mon 12/09/05 at 13:29
Browse through to here C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\
and then you could have more than one folder like 215453216
I had three so I'm not sure whether the numbers will be the same.
Each of these foldes will then have a CustomEmoticons folder but only the one that you use will have files inside with your emoticons in, DAT files...
Mon 12/09/05 at 12:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just browse thro to get to the folder you need. You dont have to type anything in...
Mon 12/09/05 at 12:14
Regular
"BOSE"
Drazen wrote:
> C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN
> Messenger\[NUMBERS]\CustomEmoticons
>
> Make sure you can see hidden files and folders first!
>
> When you get to Microsoft\MSN Messenger\ I had three folders, dont
> know why, with various numbers in. Check inside each one to see if
> the CustomEmoticons folders is empty or has some files in.
> They are DAT files but if you open one with Paint you'll see your
> emoticon.
>
> Have fun!

What's the "[NUMBERS]" part about? What numbers do I put in there?
Sat 10/09/05 at 12:28
C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\[NUMBERS]\CustomEmoticons

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders first!

When you get to Microsoft\MSN Messenger\ I had three folders, dont know why, with various numbers in. Check inside each one to see if the CustomEmoticons folders is empty or has some files in.
They are DAT files but if you open one with Paint you'll see your emoticon.

Have fun!
Sat 10/09/05 at 01:22
Regular
"BOSE"
Hey guys. Ok, here's the story...

On MSN Messenger (which most people here proberly use) you have emotions that are set, & ones you can save when you see them in the conversation & you can also buy. Basicly, I wanna move My Emotions from our PC to a laptop. I can't seem to find the folder where they're located on the HD. They have to be there though, because everything on the computer that you use takes space, there for it has to be stored on the HD somewhere. For some reason I just can't see it!

Grateful for any help or suggestions you guys have. Thank you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.