GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 31"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/08/05 at 14:18
Regular
"not dead"
The rules:

Enter as many times as you like, and it can be as long as you like, but if I'm not interested by the time I have to scroll down the screen, I won't read the rest.

I'll judge on the weekend of the 10th/11th, so entries in before then please.

And the topic is:

Blood in the snow

That doesn't mean it has to be about murder and mutilation, by the way. Or self-harming. I won't read any stories that go "I cut myself because I am sad, and I want attention," but if they're forced to harm themselves for other reasons, gnaw off an arm to free themselves from a wreckage, for instance, that's okay.

RESULTS

Fantastic entries, very high standard this time, many were a joy to read. Had trouble picking a winner from the last three, all of which were very strong. Special mention for Styke for mocking self-harming. 4 REAL.

Runners up:

tnc: - Noble trades are no more
FFF: - Escape

Winner:

unknown kernel: - At the Bottom of a Flask
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:50
Regular
"The Red Shift"
It's up to the winner's discression as to how many entries he'll allow.

Usually it is only 1 or 2 allowed.
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:43
Regular
I think a maximum entry per person setting would be good on this competition, something reasonable like 2.

So, thanks Meka and well done to the kernel.

Just make sure it's a good subject ;)
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:29
Regular
"Captain to you."
Sounds good, you might want to put a number of entries limit depending on how much time you have to read everything.
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:27
Regular
"relocated"
Cool. Thanks Meka/everyone else. As Meka said there were some excellent entries - the two runners up, plus the stories by Clazon and Black Glove, could all have been winners I think. So, yeah, I'm very pleased :)

So what now? I think of a topic and put up a deadline, right? I was thinking of the 22nd and judging on the 23rd. That's only ten days but after that I'm working ten days straight for fresher's week and because I'm due to have moved house I probably won't have internet at home during that time. That alright for everyone?
Mon 12/09/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Congrats Kernal.
Mon 12/09/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Cool!"
Good stories. I really liked Noble Trades Are No More.
Mon 12/09/05 at 15:40
"period drama"
Congrats kernel, cheers Meka, certainly didn't expect to do that well.
Mon 12/09/05 at 14:09
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
... and unless he's been writing under another name a first timer as well :)

Congrats.
Mon 12/09/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A new winner.
Mon 12/09/05 at 13:31
Regular
"not dead"
Having looked over them again, I'm going to go for unknown kernel.

Well done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.