GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Blood Prince"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 15:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's out tomorrow night, and I can't be the only Harry Potter fan on here. I shall be entering into the spirit of things and picking up my copy around midnight.

Unfortunately I know what happens.. thanks to the brilliance of the internet I had some spoilers thrust at me earlier. An important character turns bad and kills another important character, something I could have done without knowing, but still.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
Tue 26/07/05 at 14:29
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Indeed.

Moving the topic on, I found this earlier, which was mildly amusing, if not just because of the bad animation. [URL]http://www.deviantart.com/view/20901361/[/URL]
Tue 26/07/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
Because it's magic.
Tue 26/07/05 at 12:46
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
ah touché, but why then are they unimmune t magic badness, even if it is bad to a mucg lesser extent than a gunshot, such as a disarm spell?
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Vampyr wrote:
> unless they dint know it was gionna happen, like a silenced gun from
> the back. because if ur falling from a window, u would know even if u
> couldnt do anything about it conciously

As it's magic I don't think you can apply real logic to it. If they were shot, I think they would survive, magically somehow. How specifically? I'm a muggle so I wouldn't know :P
Mon 25/07/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
unless they dint know it was gionna happen, like a silenced gun from the back. because if ur falling from a window, u would know even if u couldnt do anything about it conciously
Mon 25/07/05 at 18:27
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Tphi wrote:
> It's that kind of unconscious magic that'd come into play if a wizard
> was shot I think.

Hmm... methinks you're right. Touche.
Mon 25/07/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Tphi wrote:
> Wizards are pretty impervious to this sort of thing.
>
> As mentioned in the books, if something really dramatic happens they
> magically aren't hurt. It's mentioned Neville fell out of a window as
> a child and miraculously bounced upon hitting the ground, down the
> garden path.
>
> It's that kind of unconscious magic that'd come into play if a wizard
> was shot I think.

trueness unparalleled
Mon 25/07/05 at 18:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wizards are pretty impervious to this sort of thing.

As mentioned in the books, if something really dramatic happens they magically aren't hurt. It's mentioned Neville fell out of a window as a child and miraculously bounced upon hitting the ground, down the garden path.

It's that kind of unconscious magic that'd come into play if a wizard was shot I think.
Mon 25/07/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
But they could infuse their clothes with charms to stop projectiles. :P
Mon 25/07/05 at 17:38
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Yeah, but if you shot a wizard in the back, there's not much they could do about it.

There has to be some sort of loophole in the magic of Harry Potter, I've just got to find it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.