GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I took the Tube today..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 19:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Now I didn't think I was being particularly brave and neither did the other 30 people on the tube. But to be honest. I was expecting a packed out tube between 8-9:30 yet I had enough room for a seat and seats space. There was no-one looking around nervously, everyone just buried their heads in their paperor book. I supose they're not the type if they're actually on the tube anyway.

Basically it was a luxury ride, but as I took the rail link across a bridge I saw many many people walking. This disappointed me alot. I expect people to be fighting this. Not cowering away and walking to work. Perhaps safe than sorry, but if you got run over, you wouldn't be afraid of cars, would you?

Anyway. Back to the story, London's great despite the crap bits. I'm proud and glad I live here in the end. It's all worth it for summer days like today, eating freshly made sandwiches in a private garden/park in Regents Park.
Sat 23/07/05 at 18:32
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thats what I always wonder, why bomb a trian when you can bomb a much more busy place like Live 8 or The Ashes, or even the Big Brother House.

:P

I hope i'm not giving them ideas...
Sat 23/07/05 at 15:44
Regular
It occured to me - why didn't the terrorists bomb the live 8 concert the weekend before? It would have caused plenty more death than just a couple of tube trains, and would have made a bigger statement to the world.

That's where I would have chosen to blow up if I was a godless lunatic, hell bent on the destruction of the infidels.
Sat 23/07/05 at 01:17
Regular
"Colourless"
down wrote:
> Sliding Doors

Twas a genius.
Fri 22/07/05 at 01:07
Colourless wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> Just for Colourless' disbelief that humans actually comunicate in a
> train.
>
> Overground is different. But no strangers ever talk on a tube...

Are you telling me the film Sliding Doors couldn't possibly have happened?

*faints*
Fri 22/07/05 at 00:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
Clazon wrote:
> It's all worth it for summer
> days like today, eating freshly made sandwiches in a private
> garden/park in Regents Park.

"So long as that idiot butler doesn't overdo it on the caviar, silly working class baffoon! Oh my, whats that sound? It's probably Ms. Nancy with the private jet to Naples. Hurah!"

Lah-de-frickin-da you middle class scab.
Thu 21/07/05 at 22:50
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> Just for Colourless' disbelief that humans actually comunicate in a
> train.

Overground is different. But no strangers ever talk on a tube...
Thu 21/07/05 at 19:53
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> But like you said, there's no point living in fear, everything will
> go back to normal eventually.

Until a week later.

I guess like a lot of people you think lightening isnt going to strike twice. That like 9/11 nothing will happen again in NY so soon after it happened. I guess I was wrong. But I'm glad no one was seriously hurt this time.

So Clazon are you still going to take the tube without thinking twice? Good for you :) but then if some people choose to walk instead you can't really blame them.
Thu 14/07/05 at 21:30
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Fair enough that the terrorists will attack where the masses go, so if everyone walks then the terrorists are likely to attack the walking routes that most people take. I get your point.
But, its good to see people walking around London for a change. Central London ( I know everyone uses different parts of London, not just central)isn't that big and maybe some people are realising they can have a decent walk in the mornings now and still get to work easily and fairly quickly.

But like you said, there's no point living in fear, everything will go back to normal eventually.
Thu 14/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Clazon wrote:
> People seemed alot more relaxed today. Chatting and stuff.

Just for Colourless' disbelief that humans actually comunicate in a train.
Tue 12/07/05 at 23:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
munn wrote:
> A bit too close to the event though.
>
> You never know if someone in teh pub happens to know someone caught
> up in the blasts.

amazingly enough, i know about 3 people who had lucky escapes and i was only working a few miles away from it. luckily, everyone i know is ok and accounted for. still crazy stuff though :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.