GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sciene and religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 15:43
Regular
For some people it's straight forward, for some they're not bothered and those who can't decide (Agnostics), because I find that each of the topic need more info :

Science
1.The Big Bang Theory - a logical idea, but where does the all the matter in the univrse come from in the first place? Which is compressed in very small space and then exploded.

2.How did the first creatures came into existence out of a stable environment?

3.How did the Big Bang created resources on earth?
e.g metal ores, soil, etc

Religion
1.How did God appear in existence and then create life; perhaps something else created God?

2."God love and care" for people, yet if bad things happen to good people why doesn't God do something about it.

3.How does religion explains the end of life when the sun turns into a red giant and explodes creating a black hole and sucking anything near it?

Which leads me to conclude on my theory that:
God created Earth and all life, then let the people to decide whether they believe in God or not.
Assuming God is in existence, God thought about what life materials life would need and created them within Earth?
The end of life when the sun enlarges and the explodes, perhaps too many people sinned? God did not intend for life to carry on?

Any ideas?
Tue 12/07/05 at 22:49
Regular
Gluttony
Lust
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Greed
Tue 12/07/05 at 22:16
Regular
What are the 7 sins?
Tue 12/07/05 at 08:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Strafio wrote:

> Well, according to the "judgement" belief, although God
> deemed Noah good enough for life he was still imperfect so deserved
> hell unless he asked Jesus for forgiveness.

That would be the Jesus who didn't exist then, what with it being Old Testament and all?

For an omnipotent and omniscient being, God sure had a lot of back-up plans;

"I'll drown 'em all, that'll make 'em behave! What? They're still defying me? Okay...I'll send 10 plagues to the worst of 'em!! Hahahaha! What? Oh...okay, I'll send my son to show them all the error of their ways. They did WHAT to him? Oh for fu..."

I like to think God has given up and moved onto more interesting projects.
Tue 12/07/05 at 01:36
i beleive in religion more because GOD owns Einstein, any faraDay.
Tue 12/07/05 at 01:15
Regular
munn wrote:
> Oh yeah! Because he didn't just tell Noah to build an ark because he
> was going to drown everyone else for being crappy!

Well, according to the "judgement" belief, although God deemed Noah good enough for life he was still imperfect so deserved hell unless he asked Jesus for forgiveness.

> And why are you (directed at the people that I'm talking about, not
> just you Strafio) still trying to say "Yeah we have a free will
> but we go to hell if we do bad things! How is that free
> will!!?"

It's more: why did God give free will?
He made it possible for us to do "bad" so he had the right to punish for it. Doesn't that sound a tad sadistic?
And it's not a simple choice of "do good" and "do bad".
We've been made that it's impossible

> You can go kill someone right now if you want.
> If you want.
> That's free will.
> You'll probably go to jail, that's called punishment.

The difference is that jail is our societies means to stopping them doing it again. If we could, we'd just click our fingers and make it so they never wanted to murder again, the way that God COULD, but we can't so jail is the best we can do at the moment. And the better society gets, the more it tries to help these offenders (eg rehab) rather than punish them.
God being perfect should have no need to punish.
I mean, there's "punishing" as a means to teach us a lesson, but hell is just eternal punishment with no learning, no relief, just eternal torture.

> At least God will basically let you off with it if you ask for
> forgiveness.

Yeah, if you correctly guess which religion "begs for forgiveness" in the right way.

> I think that's pretty kind of Him.
>
> No?

Yes, but I've met kinder human people who don't demand punishment, even against people who aren't even sorry.
God is meant to BE love, let alone be more loving than a human being.
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:22
Regular
It's free will as in saying "You can do whatever you want that's bad before Noon on Wednesday, as long as you ask my forgiveness and recognise that I am god, I'll let you live in paradise, if you don't, I'm going to have you tortured, unless you don't do anything bad.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:13
Regular
"bot"
munn wrote:
> And why are you (directed at the people that I'm talking about, not
> just you Strafio) still trying to say "Yeah we have a free will
> but we go to hell if we do bad things! How is that free
> will!!?"

It's 'free will' in the same way that me pointing a loaded gun at your head and "asking" you to do something is 'free will'.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Colourless"
Strafio wrote:
> So why is sin bad?

:S
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:37
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> I don't believe God punishes, but I reckon he tests people...
> Allows disaster to happen because it challenges us to become
> stronger.
> The thing is, with the cost of life involved, I can't believe that he
> decided to send all those "non-believers" to a certain hell,
> rather than give them more life to repent.
>
> Judgement just doesn't add up...

Oh yeah! Because he didn't just tell Noah to build an ark because he was going to drown everyone else for being crappy!

And why are you (directed at the people that I'm talking about, not just you Strafio) still trying to say "Yeah we have a free will but we go to hell if we do bad things! How is that free will!!?"

You can go kill someone right now if you want.
If you want.
That's free will.
You'll probably go to jail, that's called punishment.

At least God will basically let you off with it if you ask for forgiveness.

I think that's pretty kind of Him.

No?
Wed 06/07/05 at 13:33
"period drama"
Sorry, that's an incorrect answer, +7 sins.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.