GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best of luck tonight guys"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/12/06 at 15:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hey kids

Well it seems like just yesterday I was spending my nights slagging you "tards" off for playing your kiddie games on your kiddie LameCube - look how far we've come. I was idly surfing today when it came to my attention that the stupidly-named thing is actually being launched today. I have to say it kinda crept up on me, that, but some of you know I've never been Nintendo's biggest fan.

That said, even though it's a stupid name and a stupid control system, I have to hand it to Nintendo. They actually seem to be doing things right for once, so much so that for half a second I thought about buying one today - before I realised that the bloody stupid controller means I won't actually be able to use it. The price point is spot on and they seem to have launch titles for the over-12s at last.

I think one of Nintendo's best ideas was crippling its power so that it was easy to develop for. This means the development houses don't need to spend so much money on producing games, don't have to recover as much costs and therefore can accept exclusivity deals from Nintendo. This is a luxury developers for the other platforms don't really have - 360 and PS3 (especially) development is so costly you need to go multi-platform in order to turn a profit. Sony will easily be the worst hit by this, much more so than the PS1 and PS2. The costs are too high and the Sony are too poor to cut many exclusivity deals.

Anyway, I'm rambling - I just wanted to pop in to wish you guys the best of luck with your consoles, which many of you will be receiving tomorrow I hope. You've been through some tough times, so it's really nice that you guys seem to be getting a half-decent console at last. You really deserve it. I can't play one so I probably won't be buying a unit myself, but my 360 does me fine these days.

Oh yeah, did I mention that? I bought a 360 a few months ago, it's quite good. I don't see you all as enemies these days, more like Allies against Sony. Don't get me started on that though.

Nice to see you posting, Dringo. Charges dropped or are you a man on the inside?

What happened to Special Reserve? I notice you get a credit these days for GAD instead of a game. Did SR fold and consolidate on Freeola or something? I'll be shocked if they did! There's nearly zero money in the ISP/networking market these days, far too crammed to make any profit, probably. Gaming retail has always been a profitable space, if heavily competitive, but that shouldn't have been a problem for SR. A nice site, busy forums and a mail-order ad in the back of every magazine should have seen them right.

Hope all my old friends are all alright

Cheers

-Turbo

PS. Can you believe I managed to remember my old sr_______ number! I haven't used it in like 5 years!
Thu 07/12/06 at 23:32
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Tragic. What do you mean by anarchy? Were they burning Ninties in
> the streets?

A lot of users felt disgruntled by some actually decent changes Freeola implemented after SR went bust. So they formed a rival forum, which isn't really a rival because I am sure everyone on here visits that one as well.

I got community service Mr. Nutter, and a £2000 fine. But that was well over a year ago now. How time does fly.

Instead of giving you a free Game (which is hard as they don't sell them) they give you a £30 amazon voucher to spend on whatever the hell you like. Which is brilliant, actually.

I don't see any format as a rival to Nintendo anymore (the Wii's closest rival is the DS). Because of how things have changed over at Camp Ninty I feel almost obliged to get a more traditional console as well as a Wii. It's as if Nintendo have given me permission to buy a 360. I feel no shame, especially considering the success Nintendo are having lately.
Thu 07/12/06 at 20:16
Regular
Your stereotypes and retarded opinions make me laugh. Stupid control system? Howcan you say that. You've never even played the damn thing.
Thu 07/12/06 at 19:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The Notables didn't get eliminated. We just went undercover.
Thu 07/12/06 at 16:39
"possibly impossible"
anarchy = a few people complained :D

Oh, and hi. Yes, I will be one of those standing (in the rain, most likely) at 8am tomorrow morning waiting for a Wii.

I have a 360, as you know, and believe they'll look very nice next to each other...
Thu 07/12/06 at 15:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tragic. What do you mean by anarchy? Were they burning Ninties in the streets?
Thu 07/12/06 at 15:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Special Reserve went bust, Freeola took over the forums, anarchy ensued, Freeola took the forums down, Freeola waited a bit and put the forums back up again. Notables were ELIMINATED when the forums came back as they are now.
Thu 07/12/06 at 15:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Pff I could have sworn I posted this in the Nintendo forum. What the hell happened here? No notables?
Thu 07/12/06 at 15:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hey kids

Well it seems like just yesterday I was spending my nights slagging you "tards" off for playing your kiddie games on your kiddie LameCube - look how far we've come. I was idly surfing today when it came to my attention that the stupidly-named thing is actually being launched today. I have to say it kinda crept up on me, that, but some of you know I've never been Nintendo's biggest fan.

That said, even though it's a stupid name and a stupid control system, I have to hand it to Nintendo. They actually seem to be doing things right for once, so much so that for half a second I thought about buying one today - before I realised that the bloody stupid controller means I won't actually be able to use it. The price point is spot on and they seem to have launch titles for the over-12s at last.

I think one of Nintendo's best ideas was crippling its power so that it was easy to develop for. This means the development houses don't need to spend so much money on producing games, don't have to recover as much costs and therefore can accept exclusivity deals from Nintendo. This is a luxury developers for the other platforms don't really have - 360 and PS3 (especially) development is so costly you need to go multi-platform in order to turn a profit. Sony will easily be the worst hit by this, much more so than the PS1 and PS2. The costs are too high and the Sony are too poor to cut many exclusivity deals.

Anyway, I'm rambling - I just wanted to pop in to wish you guys the best of luck with your consoles, which many of you will be receiving tomorrow I hope. You've been through some tough times, so it's really nice that you guys seem to be getting a half-decent console at last. You really deserve it. I can't play one so I probably won't be buying a unit myself, but my 360 does me fine these days.

Oh yeah, did I mention that? I bought a 360 a few months ago, it's quite good. I don't see you all as enemies these days, more like Allies against Sony. Don't get me started on that though.

Nice to see you posting, Dringo. Charges dropped or are you a man on the inside?

What happened to Special Reserve? I notice you get a credit these days for GAD instead of a game. Did SR fold and consolidate on Freeola or something? I'll be shocked if they did! There's nearly zero money in the ISP/networking market these days, far too crammed to make any profit, probably. Gaming retail has always been a profitable space, if heavily competitive, but that shouldn't have been a problem for SR. A nice site, busy forums and a mail-order ad in the back of every magazine should have seen them right.

Hope all my old friends are all alright

Cheers

-Turbo

PS. Can you believe I managed to remember my old sr_______ number! I haven't used it in like 5 years!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.