GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 'Power' Tennis"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Tennis'.
Sat 30/10/04 at 21:07
Regular
"the burning sky"
I dont know about you, but i'm not waiting till next year for this. So is anyone else going to import this? It comes out 8th November in America, according to NGC, so i'll try and pick up a copy from somewhere. My only thought is ebay so far, are there any really good/cheap places? If they're all stupidly expensive I should be able to get a kind eBayer to sell me a copy. Just like I did with Animal Crossing. Lets hope its compatible with my freeloader. I cant remember which version mine is.
Sun 20/03/05 at 20:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think it's good. Not as good as the N64 version, but still worth getting.
Sun 20/03/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Pwned"
captain falcon wrote:
> the game is rubish

Yeah, me dosen't fancy it...
Sun 20/03/05 at 18:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
And you dug up this thread to say that, why?
Sun 20/03/05 at 18:01
Regular
"fox mcloud"
the game is rubish
Sat 25/12/04 at 21:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
Absolutely brilliant, been playing it today. The powershots dont spoil it at all, infact they make it more fun. Review to come, if i'm not hungover on Monday after tomorrows events.
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
It comes out February 7th over here.
Sat 27/11/04 at 15:27
Regular
"the burning sky"
Gonna order this from DVDboxoff today, if i can find evidence that it works with Freeloader. Perhaps I'm being a little cautious, but I dont want to be caught out. So any ideas where I could find out? Cheers
Fri 12/11/04 at 00:29
Regular
"Balls"
Well Play.com have the release date as 31/12/2004, unlikly but at least its this yeah.
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:48
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> I was quite dissapointed after reading that review. I can't believe
> they'd be stupid enough to leave the special move clips on. One
> thing I liked about Mario Tennis was the continuous rallies you could do, they could last forever but now I see that those power move clip
> things will break up the flow of the rally :(
>
> I could see the special moves breaking up the flow of the game
> regardless of the movie clips.

Well I dunno, I think the special moves is a nice idea. The defence one is like a last resort option and could probably save you the set/match while the attack one will end what could of been a really long match. At least you can turn it off and if you do, it'll be just like Mario Tennis on the N64, if you play on the classic courses.
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
Lipe wrote:
> I was quite dissapointed after reading that review. I can't believe
> they'd be stupid enough to leave the special move clips on. One thing
> I liked about Mario Tennis was the continuous rallies you could do,
> they could last forever but now I see that those power move clip
> things will break up the flow of the rally :(

I could see the special moves breaking up the flow of the game regardless of the movie clips.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.