GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to do."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/06/05 at 21:10
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I'm preparing to leave my room at Uni, and as usual I come accross a load of junk. Some of it I'm not ready to throw away yet (like Uni work) and some bits just make me wonder why I don't sign up to e-bay and make some money.

Then there are the bits from my ex boyfriend. Things such as letters, cards and photos's. Just the usual lovey dovey 'I'm going to love you all my life' kinda crap. I just don't know what to do with it. I'm quite a sentimental person so I do keep letters from friends and little things that remind me of days out and private jokes.

I know I should throw it away, I just think it's so harsh and disrespectful if I move in with EB and still keep old love letters and photos but I just can't do it. It's not the fact I'm still in love with my ex, but it's still my memories. Does that make sense? I know I'll throw it away eventually.

What have you all done with stuff like this from an ex? Did you throw it away as soon as the line 'it's not you, It's me' was said, or are you still hanging onto it 5 years down the line?
Thu 09/06/05 at 17:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gerrid wrote:
> I say give it to Dringo and let him burn it all for you

:D

i say keep the stuff.
there's more to life than a current relationship and if you have things that mean somethng to you then i say keep them until YOU decide it's time to throw them out, should that time ever come.
Thu 09/06/05 at 15:09
Regular
Cong_Man wrote:

>
> Plus if she really wants to leave me for her skinny oriental ex who
> left her for his ex...then she's welcome to do so. But she can leave
> me the house :-)

Oh noes, not an Oriental!!!
Thu 09/06/05 at 15:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have varied stuff in a box under my bed. I don't look at it but I don't exactly want to throw it all out... plus, it can be a good reminder if you split up from someone else and feel crap.

" Heh, somebody liked me at some point " etc
Thu 09/06/05 at 14:00
Regular
"..."
English_Bloke wrote:
> I have no problem with her keeping past memories, but, as I said to
> her last night, if I wake up one night to find her reading a letter
> from an ex whilst furiously flicking her bean, I may have something
> to say about it.

You have a real way with words EB...

Yup Lucy still has loads of stuff from her ex's, doesn't really bother me, as it's all packed away in boxes and stuff.

Plus if she really wants to leave me for her skinny oriental ex who left her for his ex...then she's welcome to do so. But she can leave me the house :-)
Thu 09/06/05 at 14:00
Regular
"8==="
The future's bright, the future's orange.

You're going to get bum-raped by Kilroy
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:56
Regular
I have a couple of photo albums and a few cards from a past relationship. However, I tend not to look at them much, as I do tend to get a bit emotional when that happens.

LOOK TO THE FUTURE
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I have no problem with her keeping past memories, but, as I said to her last night, if I wake up one night to find her reading a letter from an ex whilst furiously flicking her bean, I may have something to say about it.

I know all about her past blokes and it doesn't really bother me. Shows she's human, it also shows she's honest because she tells me about them rather then keeping it inside.

She was 19 when we started going out. It would be stupidity on my part to think there were no men in her life before me.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:05
Regular
I suggest a good old new labour third way.

It would be a bit wierd if your girlfriend had a big box of stuff from a past ex, you wouldn't believe she was really over him.

But it's nice to have a couple of mementos from times in your life, so you can go through them and reminisce.

So keep a few bits and pieces, and stick them in a box with loads of other odds and ends from your past.
Good times.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't keep much stuff to be honest, I usually want to bin it all and start again but I've always found girls more likely to keep crap.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:49
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Its stupid to pretend that other relationships didn't happen and I
> think it is healthy to keep memories.

Yeah, but just because one doesn't mention a past relationship, doesn't mean they're pretending it didn't happen.

In my case, I don't need to keep cards etc. for memories. Any memories worth keeping are in my head. I'm always open about my past experiences - even down to the regretful, "what did I see in her??" relationships.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.