GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2 V.S Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Sun 31/10/04 at 18:48
Regular
"I hate steam!"
I think Half-Life will be waay better than doom 3. First of all there is more open space to roam about, not like Doom where you run around in a building that looks exactly the same everywhere and get frights the whole time. Second of all u're able to drive vehicles and stuff, where in Doom u run around in a building that looks exactly the same everywhere getting frights. So overall Half-Life 2 is gonna be the best game on this planet!!!! So please stop stealing the source codes so we can play the game!!
Fri 12/11/04 at 14:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Who would need a manual for a FPS anyway? Run, Shoot, Drive, Run Some More, Shoot a Few More Aliens, it's not exactly difficult to grasp.
Fri 12/11/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Take it SmOothLy"
Half-life 2's much better, there's no doubt about that
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
When I was younger, we had games that required reading the manual to play. :)
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:24
Regular
When I was younger, back in the days when I had a SNES and the first year or so that I had a N64, I always used to read the manuals. I'd read the manual and then play the game...dunno why lol. But it did help alot, I was familiar and didn't really have to figure out what to do (even though it takes like 5 seconds in good games) I just jumped in and was a pro :D
Thu 11/11/04 at 20:26
Regular
"Unretired"
Haha, who the hell reads a manual to learn how to play a game?
"Click the "Single Player Campaign" button to start a single player campaign" Arrrgh *crushes head in vice*
If the game is good enough you shouldnt need one.

It probably will have a manual, but in .pdf format on the disk.
Tue 09/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Bicycle"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I doubt I have *ever* had more than a casual flick through a manual
> in the last twenty years I've been gaming.

Then you obviously don't own Arcanum...

And you should buy it. But it now.
Tue 09/11/04 at 15:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
kurt wrote:
> Half-Life2 is rumoured to be realesed with No manual!

That'll probably be concerning the release on Steam. You can buy the game from Valve through their Steam program, installing and running the game directly off your PC instead of fiddling about with a CD every time you want to play.

Of course if you download the game, you won't need either the CD, Box or Manual, which for me isn't much of a problem as I never read game manual's, can do with the extra space that the Half Life 2 box would have taken up and will burn the game on to a blank DVD as a back up.
Tue 09/11/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
kurt wrote:
> Doom3 was alright, it had an awfull multiplayer! Unless you played the
> mods for multiplayer, everyone hid in corners with the rocket
> launcher and that wrecked multiplayer for me :(
>
> Half-Life2 is rumoured to be realesed with No manual! whats
> with that?! and you have to register your copy of hl2 on steam just
> to play single player, thats a bit weird. I am looking forward to all
> of the great mods for hl2, e.g. dod:source, cs:source etc.
>
> I have to wait till my birthday to get it, 11days yay!

I doubt I have *ever* had more than a casual flick through a manual in the last twenty years I've been gaming.
Tue 09/11/04 at 15:02
Regular
"Monster kill!"
Doom3 was alright, it had an awfull multiplayer! Unless you played the mods for multiplayer, everyone hid in corners with the rocket launcher and that wrecked multiplayer for me :(

Half-Life2 is rumoured to be realesed with No manual! whats with that?! and you have to register your copy of hl2 on steam just to play single player, thats a bit weird. I am looking forward to all of the great mods for hl2, e.g. dod:source, cs:source etc.

I have to wait till my birthday to get it, 11days yay!
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've always been a fool, never changed.
It's just everybody else has gotten stupider.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.