GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People with 'lazy eyes'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 17:31
Regular
Hello i was hoping i could get some advice about my little sister. She is three and apparently she has a 'lazy eye', and they are going to do a lot of surgery to try and correct it. This makes me feel worried. Should you really perform surgery on the eyes of a three year old girl? what if they go wrong and mess it up and she goes blind.
My parents have decided to let her have the operation but i disagree.

what are peoples experiences of people with this condition? anyone know someone with a lazy eye or have one? are they really worth fuss?

please give me some replies, i am interested on this topic
Wed 18/05/05 at 02:35
How old is your daughter?
Wed 18/05/05 at 01:25
Regular
The optometrist diagnosed my daughter with a bit of lazy eye on the right. It's barely noticable, but if you cover the left eye and have her focus on something with the right, you can see the eye veering off slightly.

It was something to do with weak muscles.. The doctor suggested that she cover the left for several hours a day to strengthen the right eye. She really enjoyed the whole "pirate girl" thing. :D

Now she's a few years older and has to wear prescriptive lenses anyways. Bad eyes just run in the family. I was actually thinking of that Lasik surgery because my prescription is like through the roof..! Cocacola bottle lenses.. *sobs*

[edit] BTW..this is such a colourful thread! Aqua, green, purple, yellow, maroon, and looky thar! Red, too! So perty. :)
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
o.O
Tue 17/05/05 at 21:02
Regular
lack of muscles in one side i think they said
Tue 17/05/05 at 21:00
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
I never understood how people get a 'Lazy Eye', my friend had one and no offence to him, but you find yourself staring at it...Was quite funny, we both laughed it off, but it does affect some people.
Tue 17/05/05 at 20:53
Regular
i think the definition that applies to my sister is that the lazy-eye turns slightly inwards, it's not quite so visible now cos shes so small but the doctors picked up on it and it would probably get more visible when shes older.

i think the vision is fine
Tue 17/05/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmm I think the definition of 'lazy eye' is quite varied.

Mine look normal but my left one hasn't got as good vision as my right. All it means is I couldn't be a fighter pilot.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'd love to say I've got a lazy eye, but just one of my eyelids is about a millimetre lower than the other.

Anyway, good luck with your sis - should all be okay...

And Thom Yorke so fine.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
"8==="
o
| )
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:46
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
These lazy eyes ought to just pull their socks up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.