GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PSP - September 1st, £179.99"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 11:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58765[/URL]

And so it begins. Still, sounds a long way off at the moment, and you still don't get a game for your cash (you do get the Value Pack though, with 32MB card, battery pack, pouch, strap and other useless gubbins). Free copy of Spider-Man 2 the movie on UMD if you register too.

Don't know why I bothered to post this, I won't able to afford one for about four years now anyway.
Tue 24/05/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Once isn't enough!"
Tellah wrote:
> I reckon you're much better off importing. You'll have four months of
> gaming + £50 in your pocket to buy 2 games.

Really? Of all the people I know who imported, 2/3 of them have ended up with units tht have several dead pixels. I don't know about you, but I like my new hardware in good condition, and easily returnable if necessary.

> The UK/Euro release is pricey and late. They've not announced any free games / films, which I'd expect for that overbloated price

£179 pricey? Only in comparison to other regions. Who cares?! £179 is cheap for the hardware that you are getting. You are also wrong about the free film - the first "so many" sold will have a pack-in voucher for you to send away for a free copy of Spiderman 2 on UMD. Don't bother moaning that it "isn't in the box" like the US - they don't have multiple languages to deal with like Europe.

> WRT the compatibility - I'm certain that the firmware will have been
> hacked before the release of the PS3, allowing for multi-region
> patched updates. As far as I'm aware, the hardware on all PSPs is
> identical.

The firmware has already been hacked, patched UMD dumps are available, and all PSPs are identical in hardware.
Tue 24/05/05 at 18:23
Regular
"Gaming Man"
I got mine from Japan like most other people and let me tell you its DEFINITIELY worth the money. At the minute I have only got 1 game for it (Ridge Racer).
Fri 20/05/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> It'll be interesting to see if you can use an NTSC or JAP PSP with a
> PAL PS3. E.g. download a movie trailer/game content on the PS3 to
> watch/play on your PSP later. Should be ok on a JP PSP (not
> guaranteed though) but might be a problem with the NTSC ones. Nobody
> knows at this stage so this is all guesswork, but because nobody knows
> I'm not willing to risk importing a PSP from anywhere so will grab one
> in September instead to go with my European PS3 when that comes out.

I reckon you're much better off importing. You'll have four months of gaming + £50 in your pocket to buy 2 games. The UK/Euro release is pricey and late. They've not announced any free games / films, which I'd expect for that overbloated price + as an apology for being 1/2 later than their original release date! No thanks.

WRT the compatibility - I'm certain that the firmware will have been hacked before the release of the PS3, allowing for multi-region patched updates. As far as I'm aware, the hardware on all PSPs is identical.
Fri 20/05/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Someone tell me if I should buy Lumines or not. I'm tempted...

You really should. It's my favourite title over Ridge and Wipeout.
It took me about 10 - 20 goes before I 'got it' - but once you get hooked, it's like crack.

Managed to loop the game a couple of weeks back with a score of 344k...
It has taken a back seat since then, but it's a game I would never sell. Still got a few CPU skins to unlock + a fiendishly hard puzzle (0123x2).
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:30
Regular
Hmm, thanks. You've just kinda partially dissuaded me from buying Mercury :(

Anyone got Smart Bomb? Supposed to be a decent puzzler.
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:11
Yup, I just sold Mercury for £25. And ordered Lumines from oh, Canada for less than £30. You're RIPPING US OFF, oasis.

As for Mercury, I think it's shallow. Got to 42% complete, and by then I was so bored I wondered why the hell I spent more time on the game.
Fri 20/05/05 at 12:08
Regular
£35 for a second hand Lumines? I could buy a brand new Mercury with postage for less than that.
Thu 19/05/05 at 19:59
"Uzi Lover"
Someone tell me if I should buy Lumines or not. I'm tempted...
Wed 18/05/05 at 17:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It'll be interesting to see if you can use an NTSC or JAP PSP with a PAL PS3. E.g. download a movie trailer/game content on the PS3 to watch/play on your PSP later. Should be ok on a JP PSP (not guaranteed though) but might be a problem with the NTSC ones. Nobody knows at this stage so this is all guesswork, but because nobody knows I'm not willing to risk importing a PSP from anywhere so will grab one in September instead to go with my European PS3 when that comes out.
Wed 18/05/05 at 17:05
"period drama"
The UMD movies are region locked.
The games are not.

Hush

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.