GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni decisions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just chosen a University for next year, as usual this was left to the last minute (I think the deadline is Thursday or something, but I've been putting it off for months now).

Sitting looking at my choices I had the sinking feeling none of them really appealed. I could ditch them all and start again but this would just require too much work, and cause too much fuss. The kind of stubborness which would keep me walking if I was lost, instead of asking for directions.

I feel kinda depressed now. I *hate* making big decisions, and I just sat there thinking "y'know, this will probably effect the rest of your life". And I chose it in three minutes just to get it over with.

I am looking forward to Uni, don't get me wrong. New people, new place, not getting up to go the same School/Sixth Form I've been going to for the last seven years now. But I've always hated change. Maybe there's something wrong with me but as much as I despise where I live and my dull routine, I'm used to it. Seeing people I've known all my life everyday. It has a sort of cosiness to it. Something I don't know I'll find at Uni.

Saying that after a fortnight there I'll probably feel like I've been there forever.

This probably should have gone in my diary with my other teenage angstyness :S Oh well. Uni people please feel free to post how spiffing life is there.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:40
Regular
"serenity now!"
Quinty wrote:
> gamesfreak wrote:
> I think FFF is going to Lincoln as well
>
> As am i.

Watch out for the swans, they are all over the place and will attack you if you don't treat them with respect :)
Tue 26/04/05 at 22:58
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> I think FFF is going to Lincoln as well

As am i.
Tue 26/04/05 at 20:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
tigamilla wrote:
> Oh and Tomm its most deinately a dude!!

Heh, i'm never sure when i comes to people online :P
Tue 26/04/05 at 19:55
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
phi11ip wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
> MOST importantly it increases your chances of ending
> up in Halifax college - easily the best well rounded social
> experience.
>
> Do you go to York? What year are you in?
>
> I know someone who was in those halls last year.

First year... which do you know which part of Halifax he was in??

Oh and Tomm its most deinately a dude!!
Tue 26/04/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
tigamilla wrote:
> MOST importantly it increases your chances of ending
> experience.

Do you go to York? What year are you in?

I know someone who was in those halls last year.
Tue 26/04/05 at 18:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
tigamilla wrote:
> Yeah sure, Ill post something here later on...

Cheers... dude?
Tue 26/04/05 at 18:10
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Yeah sure, Ill post something here later on...
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:50
Regular
"the burning sky"
tigamilla wrote:
> For the best student life... on your accomodation form, indicate a
> preference for the 38 week accomodation contract, it costs slightly
> more, but means that you don't have to lug all your stuff back home
> every holiday, MOST importantly it increases your chances of ending
> experience.

Cool. I havent had much information about accomodation yet, but I was aware of having to take all your stuff home at Easter and whatnot. Should be coming through soon tho'. I know theres accomodation near to the Computer Studies buildings, but I'd hate to end up there. I'd much prefer a walk across campus to get to lectures, would be much more social. Since I cant find the small amount of info i have about the halls, is there any chance you can give me a bit of info about each, or link me to somewhere that has?
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:45
Regular
"bot"
He means if they take any of those, phi11ip couldn't be wrong.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:45
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Tomm wrote:
> York want an AAB from me, which I shall easily get :P Already got one
> a-level A grade in Maths. Leaving me to get an A and a B from
> either, FurtherMaths, Computing or Physics. And I should easily get
> an A in Computing after that Cwk i've just submitted. So just a B is
> required from the other 2. But its no time to get complacent.

For the best student life... on your accomodation form, indicate a preference for the 38 week accomodation contract, it costs slightly more, but means that you don't have to lug all your stuff back home every holiday, MOST importantly it increases your chances of ending up in Halifax college - easily the best well rounded social experience.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.