GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Russian Autocracy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 13:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
As far back as time (or textbooks at least) tell, Russia has always been autocratic. From your exhaustive intellects is this due to the fact it has always been an orthodox christian state which beleives in the supreme power of the Tsar and the divine right of kings, or is there another reason for it.

I know that post 1917 the communist regime made the country theoretically democratic, but as soon as Lenin died then Stalin took it back to autocracy again.

My question being, is there reasons other than religious ones that make Russia an autocratic nation?
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Heh. Yeah, I noticed you were having some fun with our resident racist dullard yourself.

Is it just me, or does he remind anyone else of Otto from A Fish Called Wanda?
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's fine. I got the answers I wanted. Desecrate the thread however you please.
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Communist Jim wrote:
> Light and Kevstar go and take your bumming sessions elsewhere.

ooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo! Get her!

Heh; you have a point; I did rather hijack this thread. My apologies; I was just in the mood to belittle him again.
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:18
Regular
Light and Kevstar go and take your bumming sessions elsewhere.
Mon 04/04/05 at 15:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
kevstar wrote:
> Fact, the sailors(bulchovicks the spellings
> bad I know)were lenins biggest threat to power.

You mean the Bolsheviks? The political party that Lenin and Trotsky led? They were their own threat to power? They didnt form an alliance with the Navy soviets, per-chance, and have a nice little mutiny then, in a weird incident, march on the Duma in Moscow and overthrow the Provisional Government? Oh wait, they did.

> Why do you think he
> used them to get into power for?

Because the little beardy couldn't fight? They already had the back-formed terrorist groups such as The People's Will and other Marxist splinter groups, who took over the Duma building in the november revolution (1917, I might add). The Navy were annexed to the Bolsheviks because they hated the Tsar prior to his abdication, and dislikes the provisional government just as much. Lenin and the Bolsheviks were to give power to the Soviets, which represented a lot of the army, navy and general working-class interests. This is why he 'used' them. Because they wanted the same thing.

> And why do you think he got rid of
> them after he gained power?

You mean when he died and Stalin took over and messed his plans up?

You have a very limited TV-knowledge. Simon Scharma isn't the fountain of all wisdom you might imagine.
Mon 04/04/05 at 14:41
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Nothing. It's got everything to do with showing that my knowledge is wider ranging than yours, that all you know you've learned from TV, and that I'm better than you.

Oh, and with upsetting you too.

Do you see, my dear boy?
Mon 04/04/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Don't let me down"
And whats that got to do with anything I said about the sailors being the most feared force at the time in Russia? And whats that got to do with me saying they had oil reserves?
Mon 04/04/05 at 10:29
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:
> Ohhh no, chump. Since when have I been talking about before the
> Russian revolution? Exactly. Since your the only idiot actually going
> on about the Japenese I don't see what that has to do with anything
> under lenins leadership. Fact, the sailors(bulchovicks the spellings
> bad I know)were lenins biggest threat to power. Why do you think he
> used them to get into power for? And why do you think he got rid of
> them after he gained power?

Yes, because of course all historical events happen in isolation, and there are no prior influences on them; they just occur, right?

The defeat by Japan showed that the Tsarist forces were not invincible, and although they had been used to subdue the masses in the past, the defeat to Japan destroyed much of their aura of menace.

Another possible explanation (this is the thing about History; it's open to interpretation, and is rarely if ever Black and White) is that he navy would have provided support to the White Russian cause, thus strangling the Revolution in it's crib.

Cretin.
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:23
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Ohhh no, chump. Since when have I been talking about before the Russian revolution? Exactly. Since your the only idiot actually going on about the Japenese I don't see what that has to do with anything under lenins leadership. Fact, the sailors(bulchovicks the spellings bad I know)were lenins biggest threat to power. Why do you think he used them to get into power for? And why do you think he got rid of them after he gained power?
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:
> I'm talking about the Russian revolution you idiot! Ok so it was
> monkey man, it still makes him wrong doesn't it.

Nope.

> Are you saying the
> sailors wearn't the most feared opposition? When it was the sailors
> that helped lenin into power more than once. And because they were
> the most feared, lenin got rid of them did he not?

I'm saying that the "most feared opposition" lost to the Japanese Navy just prior to the Russian Revolution. And thus demonstrating my greater knowledge of history than you, and thus upsetting you. Do you see?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.