GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Veritas party?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Don't let me down"
[URL]http://www.veritasparty.co.uk/[/URL]

Well I thought i'd at least check out his 101 lies section, interesting.
Tue 05/04/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Heh. I often think more people would vote if the debates were more like this.

"The speaker of the house today censured the leader of the opposition for calling the Father of the House, Tom Dalyell, a whining little waterhead with pate de fois gras where his brain once resided. Mr Dalyell was himself censured for responding to the effect that he would be glad to take the leader of the opposition outside if he wanted his go".
Tue 05/04/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Certainly made me smile.

I'm not one for getting involved in political debates, but watching them is great.
Tue 05/04/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Timmargh wrote:
> What a great thread.

Mm, certainly entertaining, no?
Tue 05/04/05 at 16:49
Regular
"Twenty quid."
What a great thread.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:45
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Light wrote:
> That was very big of you. No, I'm not having a pop; I'm serious. It's
> very gracious to accept responsibility for sounding racist,
> especially after having had quite as much vitriol hurled at you by
> me.
>
> I personally don't think that "settling old scores" was the
> reason people have been having a pop, but I don't know; only they
> do.
>
> So in response, I apologise for the swathes of posts from me designed
> specifically to rile, insult, and upset you.
>
>
> Strafio; you should join the diplomatic corps...

Cheers, look I know i'm a bit of a pain at times and did indeed sound racist(but I assure you i'm not), but there is logic to my views even though I couldn't explain in the way I should have. I acknoledge that a debate is the way forward, but should perhaps be left for the goverment to deal with. If it helps, i'm also sorry for my insulting posts also.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:29
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> No it wasn't, it was something else that involved me sticking up a
> link with a dancing goat in it, probably the funniest post i've put
> on here.

And the most intelligent.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Really?
*pats his water-filled head*
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:25
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Goatboy wrote:
> I've had a pop at you because I'm hoping I can convince you to hang
> yourself.
> Nothing personal

No it wasn't, it was something else that involved me sticking up a link with a dancing goat in it, probably the funniest post i've put on here.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:25
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> Take the foriegn language courses, it's not
> something that needs to be debated, it's been recorded. They were
> caught selling visas to immigrants, the courses didn't teach them
> anything, instead they advised them to go and find illegal work, and
> when they investigated further, they found more illegal courses than
> non illegal. And finally the Beverlly Hughes case, this is the first
> case that led me to beleve the figures on immigration were dodgy.

Hmmm...

I don't know the system myself, but I can atleast immagine cases where "illeagal" courses and visas can be the most humane way of doing things.
Remember about a year back when there was a law that said while Asylum was being reviewed, the immigrants were stuck in the country and not allowed to work or leave?

I think I'd've recommended illeagal methods myself to someone.

I know why the laws are there, but all they are there to do is prevent people from trying to work for things we take for granted because they might impeach on our luxuries. Now I don't like to have a go at anyone for being lazy (because that would be just plain hypocritical! :-D) but when there's problems in this country, the ones the immigrants cause are small and limited compared to the ones we cause.
And the immigrants cause them by just trying to stay alive.
We cause them by being affluent and in-efficient (for example, the NHS has expressed slight concerns with immigrants bringing diseases in, but their main problem is heart disease - because we don't have the sense to look after our bodies properly).

And not that we're especially bad for doing so, I mean we ARE human, but why should we then go sorting out immigrants for problems when if we REALLY wanted to solve problems we should be sorting out ourselves?

Immigration laws are there for good reason, and there is a slight cause for concern when they're being broken, but people who focus on them over ourother problems are people who seem to want to shift the blame for our problems onto someone else rather than take some sort of responsibility.
Tue 05/04/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> I've had a pop at you because I'm hoping I can convince you to hang
> yourself.
> Nothing personal

See, I did that with Tesla. And would she see the funny side?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.