GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" chelsea haters"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/03/05 at 23:10
Regular
"adam is the only ga"
fcuk chelsea haters.Chelsea showed that they are the best team in england, europe and the world by destroying barca 4-2 without two of their star players. i hope this shuts up the press and all questioners of the teams ability
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:47
Regular
"The Modfather"
Blank wrote:
> A side has to be great all round, you can't concentrate on the defence
> at the expense of attack or the other way around. If you have to let
> one of them go, it'd be better for the sake of an exciting
> game
to let the defence suffer. And excitement is the whole point
> of watching football.
Read my post again, I never said a great defence should be priority over attack, nor vice versa.

If you want to build a great side you start with the defence. ONce you stop leaking goals you can concentrate on starting to create them.

Defences are renowned for getting better with age. Defensive partnerships are well known for becoming better the more they play with each other (of course that can be said for a side on the whole).

We saw it when Ferdinand was out for Utd for example. They still had an attacking force to be proud of but because their defence leaked they didn't get very far.

Also, whilst I agree that football should be watched for entertainment value and excitement, there is also the beauty of tactical changes, formations, positioning etc etc where enjoyment can be found. For me, there is nothing better than seeing an attack broken down, a counter atack launched (either fast or built up) and then a goal at the other end. The perfect combination of a good defence and a good attack.

T
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But I'm a fan.
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
for the fan yes but for the team, manager and the board it's getting results
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
A side has to be great all round, you can't concentrate on the defence at the expense of attack or the other way around. If you have to let one of them go, it'd be better for the sake of an exciting game to let the defence suffer. And excitement is the whole point of watching football.
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:32
Regular
"The Modfather"
Working on the "well if the opponents score 7 and we score 8 we win" mentality smacks of being tactically inept.

Great sides are built on great defences.

T
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, if you have an excellent defence you don't need a good attack, but it makes for very boring football. It's Mourinho tactics. Make sure they don't score, and hope to nick one at the other end. You're bound to get more chances, as well, if the defenders are stealing the ball often.

I'd rather see a match between two sides who have poor defences than two teams with good ones to be honest. Goalless, chanceless games are too dull.
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Counting qualifiers, it's 12 goals in 9 games, but yeah, in the group stages your stats are correct.

Scored more points than any other team in the group stages also, and only conceeded twice, which is easily the best defensive record. If your defense is that strong, then scoring a lot isn't necessary. It probably will be tonight, but we'll have to wait and see. Juve can play attacking football when they really need to. Versus Real Madrid two years ago in the Champions League, for example. And they've gone 4-3-3 in their last few games. Should be good, whatever the score.
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Trouble is they haven't scored nearly enough. Only six in all Champions' League games this season apparently. Considering they've played, what, seven games now? That really isn't too good.
Wed 09/03/05 at 16:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Blank wrote:
> Juve's defence isn't great - Jonathan Zebina?

Yeah, he's not fantastic, but he played really well against Roma. If only he was like that all the time. Anyway, Cannavaro and Thuram beats most central defensive partnerships to make up for the right-back issue.

They've conceeded less goals than Milan this season, so they must be doing something right.
Wed 09/03/05 at 15:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I get the feeling nothing anybody says has any bearing on your replies. And no, you couldn't do his job.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.