GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Capital Punishment Ever be Justified in a Civilised Society?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/06 at 21:16
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Do you think Capital Punishment could ever be justified in a civilised society. For example, saddum Huesain, lets say Iraq was an EDC (Economically developed country), could it ever be justified to sentance him to the death penalty. He did kill all those people etc, but what gives thos epeople the right to kill another human being, does that not make them just as bad as Saddum.

Or, looking a little closer to home, in Britain, lets say there was a murderer who killed 13 people, could it ever be justified to kill him, would it be morally right to carry out the execution.

Similarly, George Bush ordering the attack on Iraq and Afghanistan; all those civillians who died because of the orders of george bush, dos that not make him the same as Saddum Huesain. Thety bothe gave orders, except for Saddums were to kill specifics, Bush on the other hand knew there would be civillian causalties but he considered them acceptable.

So i ask the question again:
Can Capital Punishment ever be justified in a civilised society?
Sat 23/12/06 at 22:49
Regular
"eternalhope"
Shepps 123 wrote:
> Do you think Capital Punishment could ever be justified in a
> civilised society. For example, saddum Huesain, lets say Iraq
> was an EDC (Economically developed country), could it ever be
> justified to sentance him to the death penalty. He did kill all
> those people etc, but what gives thos epeople the right to kill
> another human being, does that not make them just as bad as
> Saddum.
>
> Or, looking a little closer to home, in Britain, lets say there
> was a murderer who killed 13 people, could it ever be justified
> to kill him, would it be morally right to carry out the
> execution.
>
> Similarly, George Bush ordering the attack on Iraq and
> Afghanistan; all those civillians who died because of the orders
> of george bush, dos that not make him the same as Saddum Huesain.
> Thety bothe gave orders, except for Saddums were to kill
> specifics, Bush on the other hand knew there would be civillian
> causalties but he considered them acceptable.
>
> So i ask the question again:
> Can Capital Punishment ever be justified in a civilised society?
Tue 19/12/06 at 08:59
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm against capital punishment for one obvious reason: to save a wrongly convicted person the anguish of being executed. That's got to be one of the worst nightmares anyone could go through.
Mon 18/12/06 at 13:10
"possibly impossible"
I would only vote for a death penalty for chat room posters that don't use capital letters, punctuation or paragraphs.

Well, you have to teach them somehow...
Mon 18/12/06 at 12:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
or...not?

i think you'd find a lot of holes in your 'theory', mainly the fact it appears to be a rant designed in a pub.
Thu 14/12/06 at 13:30
Regular
sometimes the only way to rid society of unadulterated evil is to destroy the perpertrators of that said evil. we have to be careful though we do not create a system of endless appeals which can drain the state of money that is so desparately needed elsewhere. To willfully take a life is the base line of it all. If a life is wiped out by a person unlawfully, then the law must step in to protect society and take the ultimate step of lawfully ending the life of the killer. For too long we as a society have been taking a soft approach to killers. cushy prisons, 3 square meals and exercise etc. Enough is enough stop making us all pay to keep killers in comfort. 1 rope, 1 gallows and one grave each has to be more cost effective and more morally secure than to keep pouring luxury on killers and dispair on the victims kin folk!
Sun 03/12/06 at 17:53
Regular
"I may return"
Ah, the muttering has stopped :D
But, he's on the floor ... :S
Sat 02/12/06 at 23:30
Regular
"I may return"
*Comes back from "operation"*
Well, its ok to remove Matts brain, he seems the same, well apart from all of the constant muttering :s
Sat 02/12/06 at 23:05
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I'm pretty sure you could remove the brain from a lot of people and not notice much of a difference.
Sat 02/12/06 at 18:17
Regular
"I may return"
I wasn't thinking about removing it, actually I was thinking about the organ you two were... I meant the heart or brain (if possible)

*Goes to test theory*
Sat 02/12/06 at 18:12
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
You sure have!

Mutiliation is a barabric punishment though, it's one of the things Human Rights groups are always criticising the Saudis for. And it hasn't been used over here for damn ages, I think it was seen as barbaric a good 350 years ago!

And removal of certain body parts is... just... mean!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.