GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need help on installing Vice City (Important)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Thu 09/12/04 at 15:04
Regular
"..."
I know that it's one year late, and I know that every one has already got San Andreas (and so did I ) but this is not for me, this is for my friend who has just got Vice City for PC, and he's having a problem in installing it. When he is asked to insert disc 2, he inserts it, but after that he is asked to insert Disc 0 , because the folder (Data 4) is needed, and after that nothing works, he tried re-inserting disc 1 but it didn't work either, and the installation stops at that point. He tried to install it without the radio, but it still doesn't work, and I know that the disc isn't faulty because my cousins used to play with it last summer, and it worked normally. My friend has a 1 GHZ pentium 3 PC,with 32 MB ATI VGA, and 128 MB RAM and windows ME, so what can he do ?
Fri 10/12/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I seem to recall having this same problem when installing Vice City (the Data 4 folder thingy).

All I did was try using my other (newer) dvd drive and it installed fine.
Fri 10/12/04 at 07:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> There are only two, I've got a legit copy.
> And there's no data4 on either of my discs.

Or one out of the 2. Whatever. I dunno.

Still, if it's not on them.........
Thu 09/12/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
There are only two, I've got a legit copy.
And there's no data4 on either of my discs.
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
homosh wrote:
> I can't find the folder (Data 4) anywhere , and right now I'd like to
> think of all the other possibilities other than the CD being bad.

If you can't find it, then the installr aint going to find it.

Seems to me like you've only copied 2 out of 3 cds. :D
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:53
Regular
"..."
I can't find the folder (Data 4) anywhere , and right now I'd like to think of all the other possibilities other than the CD being bad.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Find which cd the folder "data 4" is one before starting the install.
If if fails when asked, you've got a bad cd.
Thu 09/12/04 at 15:59
Regular
Did you try inserting disc 3? Or disc 4?
Thu 09/12/04 at 15:04
Regular
"..."
I know that it's one year late, and I know that every one has already got San Andreas (and so did I ) but this is not for me, this is for my friend who has just got Vice City for PC, and he's having a problem in installing it. When he is asked to insert disc 2, he inserts it, but after that he is asked to insert Disc 0 , because the folder (Data 4) is needed, and after that nothing works, he tried re-inserting disc 1 but it didn't work either, and the installation stops at that point. He tried to install it without the radio, but it still doesn't work, and I know that the disc isn't faulty because my cousins used to play with it last summer, and it worked normally. My friend has a 1 GHZ pentium 3 PC,with 32 MB ATI VGA, and 128 MB RAM and windows ME, so what can he do ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.