GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Drive No Longer Plays DVD's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 23:05
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
After I installed the encoding software for the GBA movie player whenever I try to play DVD's I get an error message saying it won't play.
I can get it working again if I use system restore to before it was installed but that's a right kerfuffle for every time I just want to encode some movies.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Sun 12/12/04 at 15:14
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Nimco wrote:
> You mean for backing up your own DVDs? ;)
>
> DVD Decrypter is a very good piece of legal software.

Of course it's just for back-ups - and to put them onto to the gameboy movie player.
Just got DVD Decrypter, it's excelent, thanks
Sun 12/12/04 at 10:10
Regular
"NULL"
You mean for backing up your own DVDs? ;)

DVD Decrypter is a very good piece of legal software.
Sat 11/12/04 at 22:17
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
It's just Window's Media Player that won't play DVD's. I tried Power DVD and that worked fine.
Anyone know of any decent DVD rippers?
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Freeola Support"
If you have something like PowerDVD or any DVD playback software it should include the correct decoder for the DVD drive, try uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if this resolves the problems, if not try uninstalling the GBA movie player.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
I'm not sure.

Just re-download DivX or something...
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:36
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I think it is, is there any way I could stop it? Which codecs are likely to be affecting it?
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Bicycle"
Make sure it isn't overwriting any of your codecs...
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:05
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
After I installed the encoding software for the GBA movie player whenever I try to play DVD's I get an error message saying it won't play.
I can get it working again if I use system restore to before it was installed but that's a right kerfuffle for every time I just want to encode some movies.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.