GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Media:The Duty of Truth ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 02:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok, i've just logged on again after being cut off(grrr) and the first thing i see is news of a train crash which was caused by a car on the line ( sound familiar anyone ? ), couple of people dead, plenty hurt and i'm just thinking that if this is a copycat or Berkshire where the driver killed himself, could it have been avoided if that had been reported differently, should the media tell white lies when the truth inspires more of the same.
I could rant on about this but i'd rather let you lot do it.
Have fun :)
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:03
Regular
"Captain to you."
But i think the government is right and if they are up to something thats fine with me. We gave them power they can abuse it all they like.
Fri 10/12/04 at 03:38
Regular
"cachoo"
chippxero wrote:
> Me knowing wont change anything

Would you rather know something, or not know it at all?

You'd probably end up paranoid if you didn't, ranting that the world is against you and the Government are up to no good..! ;)
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If you're joking, it's not funny or clever, and if you aren't, you're worthy of much scorn.
Thu 09/12/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
Lol do you really want this new generation of towies and thieving scumbags to decide things? I don't i just think a little control is needed. So much blatant crime is going on. I just think it could fix some of the problems. I know some of the hippies and peace-lovers will protest but they came be shot with rubber bullets and you can always turn a water cannon on them.

Just sort a few things out then when everyone nice and brain washed relax everything a bit.
Thu 09/12/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I would scream bloody murder at that last post but Im just too tired.
Thu 09/12/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Captain to you."
People don't need to get the choice. People should just do as they are told. We need more armed presents on our streets with random searches to catch people breaking the law.

We need choices taken away most people are townies now in briton and i don't want it to fall in to their hands.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
chippxero wrote:
>> Ok people want to know whats happening in the world thats fair enough
> but not all news is relivant.
>
>

But people don't get to choose.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
monkey_man wrote:
> All news and media has an agenda. Thread over.

Media does. 'News' is 'news'.
Tue 07/12/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Captain to you."
We should have access to information that we need to know but information for example about the war and why we where doing it. It didn't make a blind bit of difference to why we went to war they wanted to shoot some peeps and nick some oil thats cool. But i don't mind why we go to war.

Me knowing wont change anything, me waiting in the cold with a banner with 'blood for oil' on wont stop someone getting shot it will however probably make me catch a cold. Which is much more relivent to me. Ok people will see me out there against the war. But i wouldn't see thouse people again.

Ok people want to know whats happening in the world thats fair enough but not all news is relivant.

In repect to this thread my post below is probably what should have been my last word on the subject but i fancied a rant.
Tue 07/12/04 at 15:38
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
then we start the argument of who has the right to decide what we should and shouldnt know? If the government found out that the sadam thing (lol) was all a big joke, but didnt tell us, and then we all had a vote on it, the result would be a war which had absolutely no point. (sound familiar?)

My point is that we can be easily manipulated when we dont have all the info. personally Id like to know everything. well. not EVERYTHING, but I dont know NOT knowing something ....specific.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.