GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Problems"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/11/04 at 09:18
Regular
Hi. Recently my Xbox has been having some little problems. Some games have been stopping half way through, and sometimes games dont even load. Sometimes theres also a funny noise coming from it.

I've only had my Xbox a yr and a 1/2 so I expect it to still be in fine working order.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Thu 18/11/04 at 21:25
Regular
Sorry XB Gamer, not sure exactely what you're saying. You need to work on your sentences a little more.

Trade-in my Xbox, for what? There is no console on earth that beats the XBox.

Repair, could be an option. I'll write to Bill Gates, I've only had it 18 months.
Thu 18/11/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Hey wake up Britain go and trade-in what do you think i, Done send it to repairing is about £30.
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:02
Regular
"\\"
Silent_Hunter wrote:
> on the cutscenes do your characters start of low detail then high
> detail just appears on them?

That's the pop-in textures. It's meant to do that (god knows why though, cause it sucks).
Wed 17/11/04 at 17:14
Regular
Cheers guys.

Going by the picture, I have a Samsung. Speaking of Halo 2, thats the game that straight out didnt work. Didnt take it out and try again though as was around a mates and just used his Xbox. Looking to get Halo 2 around xmas though so hope it works on mine.

Its the first Halo which stopped working after trying to load the next level.

Stuck a CD Drive Lens Cleaner CD in and hopefully thats fixed it.

Anyone know of any other cleaning things to use?
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
on the cutscenes do your characters start of low detail then high detail just appears on them?
Wed 17/11/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Bah"
Yeah mine also has a problem, halo 2 which never left the machine since i brought it keeps jamming big time, especially on multiplayer so i tookt the cd out and it has a small scratch on it, one that on any other game would have no effect. OPn bungie.net they say that the cd skips becuase the older model of xbox doesnt have a lasrer as effecient and powerful as the new model and it seems to be right as it works perfect on my mates new crystal xbox, so it looks like i may as well get a new console rather than getting another halo 2 and this happening again. Gayness
Wed 17/11/04 at 09:25
Regular
[URL]http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=21bc27fc5fb1f0a8068afe191e427444&showtopic=17216[/URL]

See what DVD Drive you have from the above. If you have the Thompson, it may be the drive failing. Thompson are terrible drives, notorious for breaking down.

If it does turn out to be the Drive, you'll have to either buy a new one, or get a Samsung drive off eBay and replace it yourself (if you're confident enough).
Wed 17/11/04 at 09:18
Regular
Hi. Recently my Xbox has been having some little problems. Some games have been stopping half way through, and sometimes games dont even load. Sometimes theres also a funny noise coming from it.

I've only had my Xbox a yr and a 1/2 so I expect it to still be in fine working order.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.