GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway: Black Monday'.
Sat 25/12/04 at 17:12
Regular
"Notable"
On some levels better than San Andreas. No jokes.
Simply brilliant. No crappy punches like tom does to jerry in cartoon world, but shear realistic Getaway punches.

Rock on the cockney crime caper.
Tue 11/01/05 at 16:06
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
> Black Monday is a quality game, but somehow GetAway 2 seemed so much
> like the first. It's true, the controls are crap, and the overall
> handling of the cars and bikes are not top-notch, but there are other
> aspects of the game that make it stunning. The messed up on one bad
> thing though. DAMAGE! Sure your car smashes up, but when you actually
> hit a wall at about 80mph instead of your car flippin and crashing
> apart, it just sort of slows down. Weird effect........!

Cars dont flip if they hit a wall though, they stop and sort of mash up.
Tue 11/01/05 at 16:04
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Black Monday is a quality game, but somehow GetAway 2 seemed so much like the first. It's true, the controls are crap, and the overall handling of the cars and bikes are not top-notch, but there are other aspects of the game that make it stunning. The messed up on one bad thing though. DAMAGE! Sure your car smashes up, but when you actually hit a wall at about 80mph instead of your car flippin and crashing apart, it just sort of slows down. Weird effect........!
Tue 11/01/05 at 14:23
Regular
"............."
Hey, I'm stuck need abit of help here !
The chapter when sam goes to the building to recover the laptop .... I cant get thru it, I get to the 1st floor .. but the BADDIES are everywhere what do I do ?????
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:22
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Most of the game is great but the on foot controls are beyond crap.
Sat 01/01/05 at 22:02
"High polygon count"
Not yet.

I'll give it a week or so to get the New Year holidays etc. out of the way, then drop them an e-mail or something.
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:58
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
:'(

Have you called asking how long it usually takes to arrive, or asked them to send a replacement copy in the case of losing it in the post?
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:54
"High polygon count"
Nope!
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Got your Net disc yet baca-san?
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:50
"High polygon count"
ResiEvilScriptWriter wrote:
> So...uh do you love it? Better than San?

Well, I've recently finished Jak 3 and I'm currently well into Killzone.

GTA:SA just hasn't hooked me like the previous 2 games. It doesn't look as nice (the 'motion blur' at high speeds is just hard on the eyes), I haven't 'related' to the character(s), and the radio stations are just plain crap... I like hip-hop, but most of the tracks (a) I don't recall hearing and (b) I just don't like - I think they're probably US hits that didn't really make it over here. First thing I do when I nick a vehicle is turn the radio off. That's probably got a lot to do with my apathy towards the game - in the previous 2, the radio really added to the proceedings. And I don't like the RPG elements - having to go eat, go to the gym and all the rest of it is novel at first but quickly gets tiresome. I'll probably complete it at some point, but I've other things I'd much rather do beforehand.

I've certainly found Black Monday to be more enjoyable than GTA:SA from what I have played. Sure the controls could have done with more work, but like the first game, once I get used to them I really don't have a problem with them.
Sat 01/01/05 at 18:56
Regular
"The definitive tag"
My damn copy has already frozen up 3 times, once it cost me a mission.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.