GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tales of Symphonia"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Sat 25/12/04 at 22:43
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
Hey if anyone has this game could they please help me? How do you play multiplayer in the battles? What do you have to do to 'activate' multiplayer? Its confusing.
Sat 01/01/05 at 10:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh that dungeon was a beyotch. The first level really annoyed me though, with the decreasing health as you walked. Annoying, but fun when you get to fight all the various enemies from the game.
Sat 01/01/05 at 00:29
"The Will of D."
I played it on Mania. Also i got to that level by completing all the battle sub Quests, that also includes a special Hell book that has hundreds of previous monsters in a 15 level dungeon. Each level has a certain catch and the dungeon itself is dangerous if you just wander around, you have to battle to stay alive.
Also when you get half way through yu are greeted by a boss, then at the very end another even stronger boss. All in all finishing main sub quests can help level up as they mostly involve you fighting something.
Thu 30/12/04 at 01:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Scope wrote:
> I think he means in hard/mania mode.

He never mentioned it. :S
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:27
Regular
.... hmm I might try that on mania mode on my next go this is the first game where I could play through 3 times because it's so enjoyable.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:32
Regular
Hooray! Only using the Wooden Swords has payed off, and now Lloyd has the Eternal Apprentice title, it gives bonus stat raises to every attribute bar 2.
Wed 29/12/04 at 19:50
Regular
I think he means in hard/mania mode.
Wed 29/12/04 at 19:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> You obviously haven't ought against Abyssion the guy after the 9
> Devil arms weapons. You need to be seriously high levelled to beat
> him up and even then it's pretty tough going. But the best thing is
> that after you beat him all of the devils arms weapons have their
> special ability activated.
> I only managed to beat him when I reached level 85.

Well yes I did beat him actually. Level 72.

And yeh I know, I was using Lloyd's Devil's Arm for the final Mithos battles. Which was probably why they were so damn easy.
Wed 29/12/04 at 17:56
"The Will of D."
Tphi wrote:
> Yeh, now if the third Sword Dancer had been the final boss it would
> have been more challenging.

You obviously haven't ought against Abyssion the guy after the 9 Devil arms weapons. You need to be seriously high levelled to beat him up and even then it's pretty tough going. But the best thing is that after you beat him all of the devils arms weapons have their special ability activated.
I only managed to beat him when I reached level 85.

The ability is that every time they finish off an enemy they grow stronger and stronger irrespective of their stats and eventually they have way stronger attacks than you normally would have had with the best stat weapon in the game.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:02
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Yeh, now if the third Sword Dancer had been the final boss it would
> have been more challenging.

I guess so the story bosses in alot of RPG's seem to be outclassed by side story ones though..
Bloody hell I wouldn't be able to use the Wooden sword for too long I couldn't even stick with those Fan Blades I need a sharp metal sword!
Mon 27/12/04 at 17:55
Regular
Just under 2 hours in, I'm back at triet desert. I'm going for that title for Lloyd that you get for keeping the wooden swords equiped all the way until the end of the Palmacosta Ranch. Needless to say this requires me to do a bit of extra leveling to make up for having a crap weapon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.