GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toying with the idea of Final Fantasy +2nd hand PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Wed 29/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"8==="
Thinking of picking up a cheap PS2 and a copy of a Final Fantasy game.

Where would you recommend I get a secondhand PS2 from (preferably a place that gives a few months guarantee)?

Which final Fantasy should I start with?

But also I need to know about the presentation of the games as at the moment cacky japanese music really doesn't appeal to me. There's not to much singing in them is there? And there aren't to many squeaky characters that I can't immediately push off a cliff.... hopefully?

What's good and what sucks?
Thu 27/01/05 at 13:57
Regular
"8==="
PS one + FF7 & FF8 are on the way to me now. :)
Wed 12/01/05 at 15:13
Regular
"8==="
I've been busy with the xbox.

The title does say 'toying with the idea'. :P
Wed 12/01/05 at 14:13
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Does this mean you haven't actually bought one yet? Man you take a long time to make a decision :)
Tue 11/01/05 at 20:46
Regular
"8==="
Well that's nice. For sixty I could get a PS2 + a few games.
Tue 11/01/05 at 20:40
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I wouldn't sell mine for sixty.
Tue 11/01/05 at 20:39
Regular
"8==="
Damn it. The original playstation went way up in price for some unfathomable reason.

Anyone want to sell me theirs for 20 quid?
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:04
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Just...how?
Sun 02/01/05 at 15:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As i said before i prefer sprites over polygons and gameplay is my number 1 concern (which i've said all the time). You may wet yourself at pretty little cutscenes but i don't, it's just a nice little extra as far as i'm concerned. The game actually has to have good gameplay for me to even be bothered to reach the cute little cutscenes anyway
Sun 02/01/05 at 11:18
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
However much you love blocky graphics lakers, there's no denying MGS3 would be crap on the NES.
You say graphics don't do squat for you, but I bet when you were watching the "Destruction of Terra" scene in FF9 then you had your tv remote firmly in your trousers, you teenager you.
Sat 01/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
"8==="
Oh balls.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.