GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some music - Motown!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 17:32
Regular
"I love Dave music"
So, I went to this quality club in Brighton a few weeks back - The Funky Fish Club. Absolutely brilliant, and I've decided I definitely need to listen to more of this sort of music - Soul, Motown, etc. So, knowing what an eclectic (sp?) taste in music there is on these forums, I guess someone can give me some pointers. Obviously I'm looking at Aretha, Redding, James Taylor, but who else should I get?

Cheers!

GL
Sun 22/08/04 at 22:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The GingerLord wrote:
> Absolutely brilliant, and I've decided I definitely
> need to listen to more of this sort of music - Soul, Motown, etc.

I'd have thought Aretha Franklin and Otis Redding would come under Soul, though. I could name dozens more artists, but it's best just to find some 60's compilation to find out what you like.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Shame on you for not mentioning Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson and the miracles or Martha Reeeves and the Vandelas.
And Franklin and Redding have never been on motown.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Marvin Gaye
Aretha Franklin
The Temptations
Tina/Ike Turner
Otis Redding
The Four Tops
The Supremes etc.

There's plenty of good compilation CDs out there if you want to get started. It sounds dreadfully cliched, but they really don't write music like this any more.
Sun 22/08/04 at 17:32
Regular
"I love Dave music"
So, I went to this quality club in Brighton a few weeks back - The Funky Fish Club. Absolutely brilliant, and I've decided I definitely need to listen to more of this sort of music - Soul, Motown, etc. So, knowing what an eclectic (sp?) taste in music there is on these forums, I guess someone can give me some pointers. Obviously I'm looking at Aretha, Redding, James Taylor, but who else should I get?

Cheers!

GL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.