GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Owen Going?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/08/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Is Owen Going?. Simple really
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Owen Going? No, you must be joking!

It's like I said the other day: this is only Real's 'act-of-despiration' - having quite possibly missed out on the massive signing of Patrick Vieira, they've gone for one of the next (and easiest) possible big-name captures in Premiership Football.

I heard, today, that Luis Figo might be joining Spurs... - and, no, I don't think it was in The Sun!! :o Times are clearly very desperate at the Bernabeau.

If Owen was rested for any non-fitness-related reason on Tuesday night, it was only so he could see Benitez's Liverpool in action; to get an idea of the kind of team and play he has the chance to commit himself to, providing he signs a new deal very soon.

Yet, the 'papers - as you would expect - see it differently. Like I had predicted before the match, they've interperated Michael's 'bench-warming' act as: "OWEN IZ LEAVING!!!11"!!2", when it was only done for his own reassurance.

Owen may never have it so good at Liverpool, now that Houllier's long-gone, Benitez is in and he has a new strike-partner to play with.

If Steven Gerrard can go back on his work to Chelsea's multi-million-pound empire to stay with the club he loves, then, I'm sure, Owen (despite being a boyhood Toffee...) can do the same, as their 'main-man' in attack.
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:51
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mickey Owen, hmmm, just doesn't have the same ring.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Carrager sticking up for Owen now, just tell us if you going ffs Mickey
Thu 12/08/04 at 13:38
Regular
If Mikey was "relatively loyal" he'd have signed by now.

Rafa, he say, "You give us Fernando and big sack cash-cash, you have Mikey."

Camacho, he say, "We give you sack big cash-cash, we keep Fernando. Ole?"

Rafa, he say, "Ole...No."

Camacho, he say, "Ole, no worries, we have Vieira anyway. Have a good siesta. Mikey wasn't Spanish enough anyway."

Rafa, he say "I agree. There's too much of this not-being-Spanish around."
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Not only that, but why the hell would he want to go? United are in practically the same position when it comes to Champion's League, and not much further head when you consider likelihood of winning the Premiership.

Then there's the fact that Owen appears to be relatively loyal, meaning it'd take a hefty wage rise to lure him away, I should think.
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:32
Regular
Owen to United. Yeah, that'll happen. No-one goes to a hated rival. Except Smith. And Nick Barmby. And Sol Campbell.

Still won't happen.
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I can really see that happening, since there has never been a direct transfer between Liverpool and Man Utd...ever i think
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:22
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Real Madrid don't need Owen, as Stryke says.

However. There is a club, with a current striker shortage, with the money to buy Owen - MAN UNITED!!!

Come on Sir Alex, we'll have the boy wonder! Get rid of Saha (I wanted us to buy Smith instead of him back in Jan, but he wouldn't leave the dirty Leeds) and Forlan. Keep Ruud, Smithy and get Owen. Nice.

;-p

GL
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Insert Gently"
WOO-HOO they read my e-mail out on Sky Sports News hehehe, im famous

EDIT: Anyone hear me great e-mail
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:04
Regular
Baros is good. I like him, he's fast and he's got an eye for the goal. But he's not as fast and he won't score as many goals as Michael Owen.

Saying that, I'll be perfectly happy with a Cisse/Baros partnership. It'll do well by the looks of things. But...Mikey...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.